Little improve of "Fire Override"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Little improve of "Fire Override"

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 12:57

"Fire Override" definitely needs options "Hold fire" and "Hold fire, send notification".

Maybe, "Hold fire, send notification" option should be default for all player ships to friendly factions.
Game had very strange reaction to self defend of player ships, cause "Reputation lost, unauthorized kill" problems.

In some situations better lose one ship, but save reputation.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Little improve of "Fire Override"

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 16:36

The "Hold Fire" might be helpful is some cases, as for the rep loss I believe the devs have to work a way to recognize and penalize the attacker instead of the defender. This would also lead to some "interesting" shifts of standing between factions...

For example I usually use the Split Gamestarts and have either SPL or ARG ships attacking me in TEL or PAR space but I can not kill them.. Imagine what would happen if SPL or ARG were taking the rep loss? Say, to a point of PAR breaking the alliance with ARG against HOP? I believe such a thing might make the game more interesting...

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 21:56

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 16:36
The "Hold Fire" might be helpful is some cases, as for the rep loss I believe the devs have to work a way to recognize and penalize the attacker instead of the defender. This would also lead to some "interesting" shifts of standing between factions...

For example I usually use the Split Gamestarts and have either SPL or ARG ships attacking me in TEL or PAR space but I can not kill them.. Imagine what would happen if SPL or ARG were taking the rep loss? Say, to a point of PAR breaking the alliance with ARG against HOP? I believe such a thing might make the game more interesting...
Yeah, unfair law enforcement is a bigger problem.
But if AI attack each other could result in real rep change, I believe there won't be any peace in the X4 anymore, they don't have the intelligence to prevent friendly fire.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 22:45

flywlyx wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 21:56

Yeah, unfair law enforcement is a bigger problem.
But if AI attack each other could result in real rep change, I believe there won't be any peace in the X4 anymore, they don't have the intelligence to prevent friendly fire.
Well... isn't this what the player tries to do? Maintain or even generate war status to profit economically? This is always Bal Busta's advice right? This might will also create some more "unexpected" wars that (most of) the players thrive for....

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 23:12

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 20. Sep 22, 22:45
Well... isn't this what the player tries to do? Maintain or even generate war status to profit economically? This is always Bal Busta's advice right? This might will also create some more "unexpected" wars that (most of) the players thrive for....
Yeah, but some players might still want peace, while this option will end up in total chaos.
The dynamic rep between AI is a way more complex system(You could try DeadAir Dynamic Wars), I definitely like the idea, but not in this way.

Return to “X4: Foundations”