Minor QoL requests - please add your own too!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

Re: Minor QoL requests - please add your own too!

Post by jojorne » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 11:58

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 12. Sep 22, 10:07
Add an option to forbid sector activities in sectors with dangerous areas,
ships tend to transit fast enough that transit is not an issue but trying to dock of mine in such an area is suicide.
Also there are dangerous areas in choke points like the void.
This already exists. I do it all the time I start a new game.
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 12. Sep 22, 10:07
Split attack default reaction by ship size even if it's just cap ship or not cap ship.
You just don't want a L ship flee from a S ship, but a S from a L.
Uh... It depends here. Intercept makes a S "flee" from a L.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 12:28

Minor ones?

Well, I'd like for ships' scan range to increase as they get bigger so a capital ship scanning another capital ship doesn't look like it's trying to reproduce.

Also, an option to manually order a ship to scan a target.
***modified***

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 12:36

Tell NPC ships to use their Long Range Scan so "?" appear on the map?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 12:47

I mean for instance if I want them to reveal a pirate ship or see what cargo something has. Currently the player can do it themselves or ships with the police command can do it automatically but only in an owned sector. I'd like to be able to select a ship and say 'scan that'.
***modified***

jojorne
x4

[X4 QoL Request] Allow to apply Individual Instructions to Subordinate Group

Post by jojorne » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 15:31

Allow us to apply Individual Instructions to Subordinate Group like Alpha Group Trader and Beta Group Miner instead of the whole station.
Because I want my miners to mine in the same sector as my station and I want the traders to go anywhere.
The easiest way is to apply the blacklist to a Subordinate Group instead of doing it Ship-by-Ship or setting up a Local Automine fleet.

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 16:26

* Button in behavior page to prioritize ship order, much like you can right click prioritize building a bed in rimworld, e.g. when I order my 10% hull ship to dock and repair I want it to dock and repair instead of keep reengaging because default behavior override Edit: use Urgent Orders mod viewtopic.php?f=181&t=437371
* Default behavior separated into civilian and military
* Autocomplete in ware search bar, e.g. Computronic Substrate should show up when I type "com"
* Default behavior in the right click menu on a ship or even a hotkey for it, seeing what a ship is doing/going to do is essential in the game but it is buried in M map->LMB property list->RMB information
* Right click blacklist a jumpgate

https://imgur.com/MGTTpHf.jpg

* Fix model of the S/M dock so you cant clip into it. I tried the tutorial and clipped into it, was frustrating, luckily it was easy to clip back out
Last edited by HKO2006 on Tue, 20. Sep 22, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 04:21

A Traderware checkbox in logistic overview.(opt in)
If klicked auto creates buy and sell order, buy limit full cargo sell limit no cargo,
autopricing sell between average and max price, autopricing buy between min and average price.
Would make player Tradestations much easier.

A mining range setting per station/ware.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

saviornt05

Post by saviornt05 » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 10:32

I've only just started playing tbh with just about a week into the game, but the thing that I'd like to see, which would be a massive "QOL" for me, is a scanning array station module. Since it is scanning the entire sector, it would be huge - hence why it would need to be put onto a station and not just into your cargo hold. This module would also link to those fleets that are currently on patrol or policing and point them in the direction of hostiles that come into the sector (as long as the station manager is high enough rank to specify coordinates to the fleet without panicking!). Now that I'm thinking about it, there should be three types: The first is the combat one of course, the second would also perform a sector-wide scan of minerals, and the third would scan for gases.

Just my two credits worth at least.

edit: Why use normal scanning probes if this is implemented? One reason: Cost. The modules would be expensive!

Althalos
x4

Post by Althalos » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 15:59

I would like to be able to see the distance between the selected object and whichever object I hover the cursor over on the map.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 05:59

To move around the ship interface elements and/or have a customizations so its not in the middle of the screen, and/or to be able to resize it.
The shield hull and speed part of the ui i feel should be lowered to the top of the radar map.

Video Enhancement Goggles.

"Radar" station module for increased radar range.
Credence follow stars.

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 10:42

When you use "work somewhere else for me", show the current crew number for the ships so you know where to put the crew to
Useful for when you start with skeleton crew and fill them up later

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 15:00

Buildstorage sell offers even if they are mutual exclusive to buyoffers.
or an option to transfer the surplus to the stations storage.
I sometimes rearrange my stations leading to quite some surplus materials form no longer needed modules.
e.g. I repurposed a defence station to a shipyard after the Xenon died out in the region leaving me with quite some turret components.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 16:18

make replacing captains on full crew ships easier.

It's super unintuitive, that you can't switch out captains, on a ship, that has no place anymore. Hello? The ship will have a free spot once the old captain leaves!

As of now, you have to fire someone on the target ship, then demote the old captain to service crew, then send in your new captain. After that find the old captain in a ship with hundreds of crew and assign him somewhere else and then fill up the the one free spot again.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 09:36

Assign to "Follow leader in formation"

Wish my capital ships in fleet maintain formation. Even passive "Defend leader" command cause lost formation if leader get attack from silly S! Let turret and intercept fighters do their work!

"Follow" command does not maintaining formation at all.

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 11:35

Mass upgrade option letting you choose from save presets in wharf/shipyard when you select multiple ships of the same model

Mass repair in wharf/shipyard/equipment dock when you select multiple ships of different models

https://imgur.com/Gy1Fbad.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 22. Sep 22, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 16:48

"Center on" button on selected object

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 14:23

Show "blueprint required" instead of just nothing if player don't have required turret/shield blueprints

https://imgur.com/0isK0iJ

Agrefits
x4

Post by Agrefits » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 15:16

Lots of good suggestions! I'll add mine.

Ability to set a designated Homebase for Ships/ Fleets + Order "return to base" which would cancel the ships current order and set a new dock and wait command at its designated Homebase

Would allow to quickly switch between Default behaviour via Resume your Duties / Return to Base.

Give Station Carrier mechanics for its S/M military subordinates

would allow Stations to project some Power and actually defend themself against strikes from outside their defense modules reach

If a Constructions ship is a Fleet leader, add a "Trade for build storage of the Station the builder is deployed to" category for fleet subordinates (no idea how i should name this)

For Easy and proper construction Fleets. Construction ship deploys to a station, and its trade subordinates automatically start supplying the construction site

Return to “X4: Foundations”