Please for the Love of Bosa Ta....Provide more info in log book for "Unauthorised Kill"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Please for the Love of Bosa Ta....Provide more info in log book for "Unauthorised Kill"

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 23:36

There is minimal helpful information in the log book to tell me there was an unauthorised kill, but no mention on what ship attacked who and where.

How about ABC-123 Killed "MIN Falcon Sentinel" in "Grand Exchange IV".

Also, is it possible for the log book to allow the player to enable auto-attack messages? Such as, ABC-123 beginning attack "MIN Raven" in "Grand Exchange IV"? Just from a fleet management observation, I would like to know when a patrol or fleet has engaged an enemy by a behavioral order. If I see it is going to cause me grief, I can at least attempt to intervene.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Rensai
x4

Re: Please for the Love of Bosa Ta....Provide more info in log book for "Unauthorised Kill"

Post by Rensai » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 07:51

I agree those logs need more info. I ran into a similar problem because of that myself and it was really annoying not being able to get any useful info. I couldn't figure out why my MIN rep kept going down. Eventually, I did notice some MIN ships fighting near my station in Grand Exchange. After some investigation I realized my station was open to trade with factions at war with each other. They would attack each other near my station as they were coming to trade and when a stray shot would hit my station/ships they would wipe them out. Since MIN police grand exchange they had lots of police fighter patrols roaming around and were triggering this a lot. Other factions were too, but it wasn't as much of a problem as it was for MIN rep.

It should have been easy to get the info to quickly correct the problem, but instead the logs were useless. To make matters worse, MIN kept using the comm to report me to sector security and to tell me about an unauthorized attack on their station, making me think I had some ship attacking them for some reason when in truth, it was their ships attacking my station, and even though they shot first I kept losing rep. It was driving me nuts for a while.

LameFox
x4

Re: Please for the Love of Bosa Ta....Provide more info in log book for "Unauthorised Kill"

Post by LameFox » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 08:44

I often find myself wishing the logs in general were a bit more useful. Though I also wish that when it came to player AI assets the game would do a better (any) job of telling offence from defence. Teladi are like a kind of player trap because you have all kinds of different factions in their space and if any are hostile to you, you are the one who gets reported for fighting. Whenever some kind of small aggressive act cascades out of control, there's a very good chance it's some TEL station reporting to MIN. A few games ago I was doing a vanilla industrialist type playthrough and ended up just letting my ships wipe out MIN entirely... TEL didn't seem to care. :lol:
***modified***

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 12:57

I had a scout mapping sectors suddenly destroyed with no alert it was being attacked.
Destruction occurred according to log 1 minute after I gave instruction to collect lockbox.
I'm concluding the lockbox was boobytrapped, and since the pegasus was lightly shielded, lockbox destroyed my 3 star scout. But log doesn't specify.
I knew they could be boobytrapped, and not just with the external explosives, but nasty surprises inside, just didn't think that would occur OOS with NPC.

Lightly shielded scouts no longer collect lockboxes.
No glory for you!

Return to “X4: Foundations”