Defence Stations and Heavy Fighter loadouts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hangar181

Defence Stations and Heavy Fighter loadouts

Post by Hangar181 » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 02:21

Hi All, playing in vanilla and built my first defence station to (hopefully) keep the Xenon out of the sector I just took from them. They own one sector next to me so am wondering the following:

1. I built my station with just 1 admin 4 bridges and 4 discs with Large laser turrets and M bolts. Wondering how many more bridges and disc etc of these I should add to be sure of repelling any attacks without going overboard. What is a decent build is I guess what I'm asking?

2. I read that heavy fighters are great for attacking Xenon stations - I just find they are lambs to the slaughter even in large numbers (50+) and even with me in sector but perhaps my loadouts are bad and is coordinated attack better than just attack. I've been using eclipse vanguards with plasma's as I found heavy torpedo's are hit or miss and too much of a pain in the ass to reload. Any advice on this would be awesome (if indeed heavy fighters do work). I'm getting sick of my dumbass destroyers continually creeping into the graviton zone or not firing at all!

Cheers

Return to “X4: Foundations”