Miner locations to boost economies?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Miner locations to boost economies?

Post by Damian Swift » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 10:01

New game/very early game, I have barely progressed from my starter fighter to a heavy fighter (no funds for a Katana/Dragon yet) and as I'm exploring the xenon have already wiped out most of hatikvas (spelling) and have pushed into Argon prime (several stations already under assault), not even had time to explored the Split areas yet or the weak Teladi to the east of the map bit I'm not looking hopeful...

Question...
I can afford some miners (all I can do for now) to help boost the economies/war machines of the NPC races (mainly Argon/Teladi) but where best to place them/which sectors so they have the most positive effect on their economies?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Miner locations to boost economies?

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 14:09

You can try mining ore in The Reach (left of Argon Prime). This is one of the best sectors for Ore and is unusually close to the highway ring.

Silicon is another issue. No matter what you do, you will be mining it slow. At the very least you need service crew on the miners, and to give the pilots seminars from shops so that they are >2 star. For Silicon you can try HOP space or Nopelios' Fortune. Pious Mists is another good location but needs the KHK Hive cleared out to mine safely (not possible early game). If you own Split Vendetta then Family Zhinn is also another good location but is at high risk of Xenon. Be prepared to have to reallocate Silicon miners if a KHK outpost spawns nearby, you will need to clear that out before reasonable mining can resume and that requires at least a destroyer to do so efficiently.

Often the AI economy is limited by their ability to move wares around. Look for which wares are in shortage and see if you can try to source or distribute them with traders. Trading stations can be useful to manage this as they have up to 5 sector range and do not need skilled pilots. Trading stations can also be used to distribute mines products over a large area, obviously using mining ships as both miners and traders.

oddible
x4

Re: Miner locations to boost economies?

Post by oddible » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 04:42

- Paranid: Trinity Sanctum III
- Teladi: Grand Exchange
- Argon: Argon Prime or The Reach
- Split: Heart of Acrimony / Family Zhin

https://www.qsna.eu/x4/map/

Also note that before the DLC we all flew Nemesis Vanguards. Considerably cheaper than Dragon and Katana. Also, Grab a Tern or Hermes Vanguard as boarding ships. Fill them with Marines, they can hold 20 each. Go start capturing yourself some SCA destroyers and build up a fleet!

https://roguey.co.uk/x4/ships/

Return to “X4: Foundations”