Invincible Xenon station?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cale_online
x3ap

Invincible Xenon station?

Post by cale_online » Fri, 27. May 22, 13:48

I just took my fleet on a test drive to destroy a random Xenon asteroid station, it didn't have a proper icon or label just a Google maps style "pin".

In any case, after clearing out all the destroyers and proceeded to park my fleet on top of it, and despite half my ships refusing to fire on it, we eventually got it down to zero percent and I was expecting some kind of very big boom.

What actually happened was it launched a load of drones and repaired itself in about 5 minutes. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So, is this particular station invincible, or a story mission target, or bugged?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: Invincible Xenon station?

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 27. May 22, 16:54

Perhaps it's bugged and the last module can not be targeted while in-sector.
Once it is at low hull%, try leaving the sector and see if that makes it able for your fleet to destroy it.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 27. May 22, 18:49

I'd just assumed those were for story missions. I've seen a few of them in areas where I recall there being story mission .... "stuff". But I haven't done any story missions in over a year and my memory sometimes sucks.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 28. May 22, 09:10

No, this comes up over and over and over on the forums. You're just not seeing the one last piece of the station still built. Usually when this happens I teleport out of the sector, give my ships the attack command, make sure all turrets are set to attack all enemies, and they maneuver around to find it and it eventually goes grey.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 28. May 22, 18:00

From your description it can be a plot specific station. If the sector was Savage Spur I there is one....

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Sat, 28. May 22, 18:01

oddible wrote:
Sat, 28. May 22, 09:10
No, this comes up over and over and over on the forums. You're just not seeing the one last piece of the station still built. Usually when this happens I teleport out of the sector, give my ships the attack command, make sure all turrets are set to attack all enemies, and they maneuver around to find it and it eventually goes grey.
This makes sense! I did keep finding new bits to blow up, but I couldn't see any more. I did leave my fleet on top of it, while I ran off to defend an equipment dock. But nothing happened.
There's no way to target station modules is there? Not turrets and stuff, but an entire section?

EraHo98
x4

Post by EraHo98 » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:28

oddible wrote:
Sat, 28. May 22, 09:10
This worked perferctly. Teleported to do other stuff and in the same second it was destroyed... lol

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. May 23, 20:36

Good to hear, but this is a year old thread ...
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”