Unrelated discussion removed from wait for undock thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dmk
x4

Unrelated discussion removed from wait for undock thread

Post by dmk » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 15:10

florianlt wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:52
The next version will add options to control whether ships will wait for you in the Global Standing Orders menu.
i really hope that would remove all wait for signal orders appearance.
(i.e. police should scan anyway like marauders do,
and AUX ship should use other logic for repair, because wait for signal is buggy, while transfer ware (between ships) is not)

please also remove WAIT part for ships(for command Fly&Dock) which default behavior is hold position,
and also for player manually corrects fly line for ships (Fly without Wait should be used there).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: "I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 15:35

What you are describing is unrelated, so no, it will not change that behaviour.

dmk
x4

Re: "I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

Post by dmk » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:33

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 15:35
What you are describing is unrelated, so no, it will not change that behaviour.
only unrelated bug is when player corrects line(just drag it on the map) for the ship which does follows it's superior, then Fly & Wait command is inserted, and instead of flying through proposed path to superior, the ship would execute Wait order, according to last line correction, if you insist that is correct behavior, then let it stay,

other situation directly linked to "wait for signal" problem, and in all situation it does causes ship stuck (until order is removed) and frustration from player, why the job he was ordered was not done and ship stuck in "wait for signal" situation (this happens both for AUX ship awaiting repair for ship which is already repaired, and for police inspection which never actually happens).

only situation where wait for signal can be useful created when player forgets that 10 hours ago for ship which default order is hold position he did ordered to dock to some station,
and then takes the ship and fly to another station, where he expects ship to stay (according to set default order hold position) but instead ship does fly to other station (which he did ordered 10 hours ago), and while it's player mistake (he should check order queue before taking control of ship) it is directly linked to topic in question.

p.s. police inspection due to wait for signal does cause repeating report message, when ship was ordered fly& wait.(each time ship is inspected, he does report he waiting for orders,
when it is happens for 100 ships sent to mars for example it would became quite annoying).

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

"I'll wait for you to undock" is a major problem - Option in a future build.

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 23:54

dmk wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:33
and for police inspection which never actually happens).
I am unaware of an issue regarding this. If you have a save where this is reproducible in an unmodified game, filing a bug report in tech support with a link to that save and, possibly, steps to reproduce the issue would help greatly toward tracking down the bug and fixing it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unrelated discussion removed from wait for undock thread

Post by CBJ » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 00:51

Stop derailing threads about one thing to repeat unrelated things that you have already posted in other threads, dmk.

Return to “X4: Foundations”