FurBall!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

FurBall!

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 21:36

Just to share :)

I seem to have a bit of a Ter/Yak mega-furball going on in Black Hole Sun IV...
not sure how likely this is to happen by chance, by the time I saw it, it was :

2 Asgard
4 Tokyo
13 Osaka !
3 Syn
2 Katana
28 Gladius
13 Kukri
1 Falx
1 Honshu resupply

versus

46 Kuraokami
59 Moreya

Somehow I feel I should be able to get more 'something' out of this (fun maybe?),
but anyway most of the (above original) Yaki fighters die (eventually), not too surprisingly.
But only a bit faster OOS than IS, which shows pretty good OOS/IS balance. :thumb_up:

However there's a *load* more Yaki coming in...

Screenshot:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/20211204202656_1.jpg

Game file (saved in 4.2 beta 4, marked 'modified', but this is vanilla, no mods installed,
+ I'm friendly-with/suppporting Xenon):
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/save_008.xml.gz

Teladi CEO

Re: FurBall!

Post by Teladi CEO » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 04:46

Amazing! What do you think you did in your game that allowed for something like this to happen?
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 05:08

2 Asgards is strange. I thought they only ever sent 1 out at a time. What Yaki story outcome did you choose?

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 05:24

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 05:08
2 Asgards is strange. I thought they only ever sent 1 out at a time. What Yaki story outcome did you choose?
One is patrol, which is possible. But this is a really rare case that all of them get together at the same time.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:26

Hope this hasn't become too long a post....

Guess it mainly came about 'cos I'm pretty much building all the factions' ships for the whole galaxy.
Building TER & PIO at my BHS V shipyard, YAK at BHS IV
(intent was to not build factions that immediatly fight each other at a single shipyard/sector)

+ the (assisted) Xenon have decimated TER ship building & a lot of their economy,
the TER shipyard has only just re-built.

The Terran ships are trying to get from BHS to the 'sol' sectors (always the same route),
and Yaki ships are mostly heading in that direction as well, so they meet up,
but never seen it as much as this before.

Looks like there's a 'critical mass' of ships in a wide-area battle
that keeps it going for a while, & pulls in even more combatants.

I sided with the Yaki in the story - so they've still got their single station (not that it does much).

Never seen more that 2 TER Asgards around,
but up to now the Xenon I's & K's moving towards BHS from Earth & Oort have made sure the Asgards
don't get very far (even though they are being built frequently at BHS),
& think that just at the moment most of the Xenon destroyers are being held up elsewhere in other battles.
Also some (XEN) are getting clobbered by a particular TER defence station they insist on attacking,
+ multi-behemoths seems to whittle them down (suprisingly).

The 4.2 galaxy seems so much more 'alive' than 4.1 was, at least with a 'little' intervention :)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 12:51

You are more likely experiencing how over powered the 4.20 Xenon Destroyer I is in low attention. 9 max speced with full bolt Syns can lose to a single Branch 9 I now (4.20 beta). The same Syns have no losses destroying the Destroyer I in high attention without player intervention.

Part of the issue is that destroyers and battleships still seem to suffer the oscillation bug so are unable to land hits on the Destroyer I reliably as they are pointing the wrong way for most of the time. This can be seen where 9 Syns on approach almost instantly delete the Destroyer I's shield but then die over 1 minute of dealing practically no damage to it, much longer than the time it takes for their main batteries to cooldown in high attention.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 14:22

I'm so going to take over the universe with the Yaki on the next DLC where (hopefully) they will be able to do more than send raiding parties :-x

Return to “X4: Foundations”