Commendations/Awards

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Commendations/Awards

Post by builder680 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 07:50

Since we have this basic personnel system in place, it would be neat if we could do things like give medals to valorous personnel and awards to skillful merchants that give some type of bonus to their crew/ship. These things could require some sort of new "resource" like influence, gravitas, or whatever you want to call it - in order to grant these honors... but it would be a start to really fleshing out what is currently a very basic personnel system. Imagine walking up to the bridge of your ship and seeing some medals pinned to the chest of your crew and captain, or your trade ships having nicer dressed crew and or nicer amenities (ships would need more rooms and purposes for those rooms, though). I know it's unlikely but it would sure be neat.

SirBerrial
x4

Re: Commendations/Awards

Post by SirBerrial » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 08:01

Cant really pay attention to individual ships to give awards - my last ship order consisted of 200 L mineral miners, 60 gas ones, 80 L traders, 200 S traders, 5 Asgards+Honshus and 20 Syns.

What I would like is an ability to assign faction uniforms based on the job, so my marines would wear body armor, my pilots and managers would wear terran uniforms and service crew would wear terran overrals, with the suits dyed in chosen player faction colors, with the ability to alter those per ship, to make personal vessels more personal.
Last edited by SirBerrial on Thu, 2. Dec 21, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 08:37

If awarded automatically it could be an interesting additional way for crew to gain skill. Examples...
  • David vs Goliath: Pilot was responsible for landing the killing blow on an XL ship while flying an S ship. +1 piloting, +1 morale.
  • Fix It: Service crew has overseen the reconstruction of a large number of surface modules. Awarded to a random service crew every 10 surface modules rebuilt on a L or XL ship. +2 engineering, +1 morale.
  • X-terminator: Pilot was responsible for landing the killing blow on a Branch 9 Destroyer I. +1 piloting, +2 morale.
  • Turret Operator First Class: Service crew has overseen the shooting down of a large number of ships by turrets. Awarded to a random service crew every 10 kills made by a ship with its turrets. +1 engineering +2 morale.
  • Economist: Manager has been responsible for making over 10 million credits from trade (not ship building) within the period of an hour. +1 management, +2 morale.
  • Veteran: Marine has seen significant action. Awarded to 1 in 10 marines that do not have this award who partake in a boarding operation. +1 boarding, +1 morale, deals higher minimum damage in combat rolls.
A key design decision behind these examples is to avoid tracking stats on a per person basis to avoid data bloat. Stats are tracked at a higher level (per ship, station, e.t.c.) and only the actual awards would be tracked on the crew. NPCs might not be subject to these awards for even less data bloat (no stat tracking for them).

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 09:20

SirBerrial wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 08:01
Cant really pay attention to individual ships to give awards - my last ship order consisted of 200 L mineral miners, 60 gas ones, 80 L traders, 200 S traders, 5 Asgards+Honshus and 20 Syns.

What I would like is an ability to assign faction uniforms based on the job, so my marines wear body armor, my pilots and managers wear terran uniforms and service crew wears terran overrals, with the suites dyed in chosen player faction colors, with the ability to alter those per ship, to make personal vessels more personal.
Well yes... at that scale everything on a per person and per ship basis is meaningless. But the game has a a few scales below that.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 09:23

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 08:37
If awarded automatically it could be an interesting additional way for crew to gain skill. Examples...
  • David vs Goliath: Pilot was responsible for landing the killing blow on an XL ship while flying an S ship. +1 piloting, +1 morale.
  • Fix It: Service crew has overseen the reconstruction of a large number of surface modules. Awarded to a random service crew every 10 surface modules rebuilt on a L or XL ship. +2 engineering, +1 morale.
  • X-terminator: Pilot was responsible for landing the killing blow on a Branch 9 Destroyer I. +1 piloting, +2 morale.
  • Turret Operator First Class: Service crew has overseen the shooting down of a large number of ships by turrets. Awarded to a random service crew every 10 kills made by a ship with its turrets. +1 engineering +2 morale.
  • Economist: Manager has been responsible for making over 10 million credits from trade (not ship building) within the period of an hour. +1 management, +2 morale.
  • Veteran: Marine has seen significant action. Awarded to 1 in 10 marines that do not have this award who partake in a boarding operation. +1 boarding, +1 morale, deals higher minimum damage in combat rolls.
A key design decision behind these examples is to avoid tracking stats on a per person basis to avoid data bloat. Stats are tracked at a higher level (per ship, station, e.t.c.) and only the actual awards would be tracked on the crew. NPCs might not be subject to these awards for even less data bloat (no stat tracking for them).
Yes, exactly. This kind of self-reinforcing stuff that makes for actual care for your crew and ships.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 15:25

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 08:37
+1 to all of these suggestions but I have to say that they go against the Egosoft trend of keeping personnel low skilled!!!

Return to “X4: Foundations”