Making civilian S ships serving civilian L

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

Making civilian S ships serving civilian L

Post by Xkuka » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 09:09

Im curious if anyone found a way to make it work in a usefull way to let couriers serve L ships.
I have two specific ideas.

1. Using an L trader flying the universe and looking for demands by using the repeat order and sell in sector command with a high price. And then set a courier deliver the wares to the trader, also using the repeat order command. But on the latter you cant exchange wares that way, the option is missing. Gives me to think what else i could do, if that kind of order would work.

2. The same as in 1. but in the opposite way and using mining ships. L miners could stay in the mining area, take propable fire and small ships would only sweep in to carry the good stuff back home. Havent tried it yet, dont have the ships in the save i am in right now. But considering it isnt working on traders, i assume it isnt working on miners either.

Does anyone has similar experiences or maybe ideas how to make it work with the current features?
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Making civilian S ships serving civilian L

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 09:46

I'm afraid that it will not work. You can not have the S ships "servicing" the L ones, unless you are prepared to spend more than half of your time in micromanagement.

As far as traders are concerned L Traders are good if you have 3*+ captains on them and send them to Autotrade in high price goods (forget about energy, foodstufs, medicine etc) that will also help the faction's economies progress, or at least Distribute Wares in 2*.

As for the miners, best thing one can do is create "Mining Stations" (Just storage and docks) and have the L Miners fill the storage, then use the S (or preferably M) miners as "traders" to sell the resources...

Xkuka
x4

Re: Making civilian S ships serving civilian L

Post by Xkuka » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 10:05

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 09:46
As far as traders are concerned L Traders are good if you have 3*+ captains on them and send them to Autotrade in high price goods (forget about energy, foodstufs, medicine etc) that will also help the faction's economies progress, or at least Distribute Wares in 2*.
Uh no i have tried L traders on autotrade, and as far as i could observe smaller ships are much more effective because the L's dont seem to care about unused storage space and make runs almost empty.

Distributing wares is not working well either, tried that a couple of times, and they did not sell the stuff quick enough. When i looked for demands myself i have found plenty of stations but the trader failed to sell the stuff for a reason.
I was just looking for selling overproduction, not helping the economy. :wink:
dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 09:46
As for the miners, best thing one can do is create "Mining Stations" (Just storage and docks) and have the L Miners fill the storage, then use the S (or preferably M) miners as "traders" to sell the resources...
The whole point of my thoughts is to prevent building stations all over the place. I know its not very expensive setting up a mining base or similar. Now with the HQ able to teleport i am looking for more flexible ways to set up trading. Over time its just a hell of micro management anyways. A well set up chain of repeating commands would help preventing that, and those commands can be adjusted if needed. But there just dont seem to be the right options avaiulable to do so... :cry:
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Return to “X4: Foundations”