Can I move stations?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Szynszyl
x4

Can I move stations?

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:43

Hello,
There is possible to move stations from one sector to another? Any tractor beam or something?

Second question, can i somehow claim unclaimed sectors?

Ragnos28
x4

Re: Can I move stations?

Post by Ragnos28 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:49

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:43
Hello,
There is possible to move stations from one sector to another? Any tractor beam or something?

Second question, can i somehow claim unclaimed sectors?
1. No such thing. You can move/teleport the HQ tho, one time as a test in the same sector and after, to another sector after accepting terraforming missions and only to the designated sector.
2. You can claim unclaimed sectors by building first an Administration center or a wharf or shipyard.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 17:55

You can't physically move most stations, but you can save their layout, dismantle them for resources and rebuild in another plot. Put your manager in a ship first, though... not sure what would happen to them but it's probably not good.
***modified***

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 18:50

Thx for answers :)

One more question about stations. Can i somehow setup auto money transfer if station account will be higher than station estimate?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 19:03

Maybe when the new tugs are out in 5.0 with the tractor beams etc, or a mod might tweak it so stations can be tugged that way tho id props expect the tractor beam stuff to be modded on a cap ship to move such a large object. Only base stations tho i wouldnt think a station with modules would be a clever idea.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 20:05

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 18:50

One more question about stations. Can i somehow setup auto money transfer if station account will be higher than station estimate?
No, but there is an option in UI that you can use a single click to have all your factories to transfer all the money that are over the stations estimate.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 21:52

Ragnos28 wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 20:05
No, but there is an option in UI that you can use a single click to have all your factories to transfer all the money that are over the stations estimate.
Which tab?

EDIT: ok i find this option, last question about station relocate. Anyone know mod for that?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:34

There is auto money transfer, it's just very strange. For instance, I recently set a station to 4,000,000 credits. Then, when it reaches 12,000,000 credits, it transfers some money to me so that it only has 8,000,000 credits.

Because it is 'set' by you choosing a level of money, I think if you keep extracting it manually, you may never see this happen. For a long time I did not know it existed at all.
***modified***

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:41

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 18:50

Stations managers will automatically send you excess funds, once the total station balance is around 3x the minimum you set. It’s not very intuitive and often, new players don’t even know this mechanic exists. I hope for 5.0 this will be addressed to make it more obvious.

So for clarity, if you set the station budget manually to 1M, you start receiving excess funds (paid to you in regular batches) once the station budget goes over around 3M.

I believe this mechanic ignores the ‘estimated budget’ - it purely looks at what you transferred manually into the station account and uses that as the baseline.

Obviously, if you set a value below the estimated budget then it’s unlikely you’ll ever build up profit. The exception to this is mining stations but that’s a whole other topic in itself.

A good rule of thump I use is this. Whatever the estimated budget might be, I double and then transfer that to the station account. This gives the manager enough of a ceiling above the estimated budget to trade, before it falls below the estimated budget and start asking you for money.

So, for example, say the estimated budget is 1M. Then I will transfer 2M to the station account. When the station total goes over 6M (or there about) you’ll start to see automatic transfers.

Hope that makes sense/helps.

Best
Y.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 07:14

There is a mod called "Cheat Menu" ... one of the functions is to allow you to JUMP things around, including stations. I got the mod specifically for that reason, to move stations around, and it worked very well.

If you use mods though, it will tag your game as modified, as a heads up.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:26

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 07:14
There is a mod called "Cheat Menu" ... one of the functions is to allow you to JUMP things around, including stations. I got the mod specifically for that reason, to move stations around, and it worked very well.

I have this mod too but i didn't know that jump cheat move station. If i understand i must be on that station right?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:43

Szynszyl wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:26
grapedog wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 07:14

I have this mod too but i didn't know that jump cheat move station. If i understand i must be on that station right?
From memory I believe you target the station and set a guidance point where it will appear.
***modified***

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 13:56

Ok thx guys, now i know what i want :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”