Universe Question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RC01-138
x4

Universe Question

Post by RC01-138 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 13:51

Is there any way or chance that factions will continue to attack each other but not take over other factions Sectors?
War es nun rot, rot, grün? oder Grün, rot, rot?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Universe Question

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 14:14

I think most of the complaints about this topic in current 4.10 release is that it happens too rarely, rather than not wanting it to happen at all. OOS combat is being tweaked in the 4.20 betas in a way that can probably improve the chances of expansion by factions having the advantage of overwhelming force.

If your question is whether there is an in-game option or toggle that can switch the sector takeover mechanism on or off, then I'm pretty sure that there isn't.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RC01-138
x4

Post by RC01-138 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 14:26

The Problem is that HoP shoot Antigone out of the universe because ANT doesn´t really build any ships! And ARG has no ships in ANT Sectors!
War es nun rot, rot, grün? oder Grün, rot, rot?

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 14:36

RC01-138 wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 14:26
The Problem is that HoP shoot Antigone out of the universe because ANT doesn´t really build any ships! And ARG has no ships in ANT Sectors!
If you RP like I do, you can set up shop in Antigone Memorial to supply the ANT wharf & yard. They have huge backlog of ships to make but no resources to do so.
The player can make billions quickly especially if they feed ANT during the
Spoiler
Show
ANT vs TER war if triggered

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 14:42

@ OP: Yes, I understand, but that sort of development is very game and game-start specific. My current vanilla game that I started afresh when COH came out has seen HOP totally dominated by ANT, ARG, TER and PAR. They have already lost several sectors and their Wharf to PAR and their Shipyard is also under threat now. Also XEN have been pushed back into just a few small enclaves.

There are plot-related player options that can affect the balances amongst the factions, but those may still be some way into the future for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 21:37

Biggest problem I see is when ai tries to build defense/admin modules in cleared sectors, it never gets turret components or advanced electronics delivered. So it eventually gets blown up by passing ships and the sector is lost again. This results in there being no way for the ai to expand. The exception is the xenon, their stations get armed up if you let them. Probably because of their "economy" being much simpler. In the game I'm playing right now the xenon beat up about half the split sectors, then I drove them back out and cleared them. Then built defense stations and fleets to keep them from coming back. Over a real life week of playing several hours per day, no split station has been rebuilt, even though I'm heavily trading there. I guess I could manually fill all their build storages but that's tedious.

Return to “X4: Foundations”