Odysseus remake!??

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Re: Odysseus remake!??

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:03

linolafett wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:43
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 10:04
I think the doubt was coz capship is usually a warship, but it's nice to see that civilian L/XL ships gets a lifting too.

For the post-5.0 update it would be nice to also get Construction Vechicles racial lifting and giving Xenons some more love (since X-Rebirth, all they got was a tiny scout).
Race specific builderships are on my infamous "todo" list. And yeah, some more xenon love would be great as well... So much to do, so little time.
I personally would prefer to see the X3 Xenon capital ship designs return, rather than the gigantic pill bug designs we have had since Rebirth.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:16

I will miss the old Ody, not for itself, but for all the funny rage post about hairdryers.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:32

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:16
I will miss the old Ody, not for itself, but for all the funny rage post about hairdryers.
Me as well :D
It was entertaining to see people salty about hairdryer :D

Still, the new design keep the general hairdryer style as well.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:32
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 15:16
Me as well :D
It was entertaining to see people salty about hairdryer :D

Still, the new design keep the general hairdryer style as well.
It was.
I will not miss the hairdryer itself, though. :)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 06:48

linolafett wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 11:43
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 10:04
I think the doubt was coz capship is usually a warship, but it's nice to see that civilian L/XL ships gets a lifting too.

For the post-5.0 update it would be nice to also get Construction Vechicles racial lifting and giving Xenons some more love (since X-Rebirth, all they got was a tiny scout).
Race specific builderships are on my infamous "todo" list. And yeah, some more xenon love would be great as well... So much to do, so little time.
I've been asking for this since the game came out.
Just... another... bug.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:44

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:50
linolafett wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:42
In existing games the old ones will stay (for the player). The NPC factions will build/buy the new ones and slowly fade out the old designs that way.
Will they be still available as blueprints, if we start a new game? or will they fully dissapear from existence?
Maybe it would be a good idea to push them to other minor factions, like HAT, SCA and ALI - since they are missing their unique ships anyway?

I mean this would fit greatly:

old Argon ships --> HAT
old Teladi ships --> SCA
old Paranid ships --> ALI
I love the idea of giving the old models to the minor factions, even if they are rarely used. I like the current selene and will be sad to see it go. Give SCA and HAT the old paranid models for shady purposes.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 13:35

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:44
mr.WHO wrote:
linolafett wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:42
In existing games the old ones will stay (for the player). The NPC factions will build/buy the new ones and slowly fade out the old designs that way.
Will they be still available as blueprints, if we start a new game? or will they fully dissapear from existence?
Maybe it would be a good idea to push them to other minor factions, like HAT, SCA and ALI - since they are missing their unique ships anyway?

old Argon ships --> HAT
old Teladi ships --> SCA
I love the idea of giving the old models to the minor factions, even if they are rarely used. I like the current selene and will be sad to see it go. Give SCA and HAT the old paranid models for shady purposes.
Like lino said they are inferior models. Their mere presence drastically reduces the visual consistency and quality of the entire game, and make it janky :(

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 21:25

Artean wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:54
linolafett wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:52
EDIT: yep, again: All paranid capital ships got a redesign.
Yes!
Thanks for your hard work!!

I really love new paranid capital ship designs, now i won't be ashamed of using paranid capital ships on my fleet composition just because they got good overall stats, now I could really role-play going complete fanatic 3 eyes killer priest.

Keep it up, I really looking forward to 5.0 and avarice DLC.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:17

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 13:35
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 12:44
mr.WHO wrote:

old Argon ships --> HAT
old Teladi ships --> SCA
Like lino said they are inferior models. Their mere presence drastically reduces the visual consistency and quality of the entire game, and make it janky :(
They could call it a Oddy mk 1 and let it be a nod to the horrible design of old.

SCA could make great use of more variety of ships, albeit inferior models.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:30

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:17
They could call it a Oddy mk 1 and let it be a nod to the horrible design of old.
SCA could make great use of more variety of ships, albeit inferior models.
Its not about design, its about quality, it just doesnt look right. Its like having a pixelated person in real life. Its about consistency and I personally notice it and cant stand it.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 22:40

exactly, I didn't mind the shape but when you get close or land on it, its awful and looks like a place holder for an actual texture, I always changed to some other paintjob to help a little
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 13:34

The yacht have detailed new interiors. Would we see new interiors in existing ships? Or only exterior facelift?

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 14:19

S!rAssassin wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 13:34
The yacht have detailed new interiors. Would we see new interiors in existing ships? Or only exterior facelift?
Same here. I wonder if all cap ships get new interiors or only the Paranid.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 14:59

I highly doubt that the bridge is going to change in the reworked capitals.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 15:53

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Paranid bridge designs, they are of high quality.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 17:21

repatomonor wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 15:53
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Paranid bridge designs, they are of high quality.
Untill Terran bridges appeared, Paranid ones were my favorite.

They don't need bridge replacement, but some more details and beautification is always welcome.

Lord-Herek

Post by Lord-Herek » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 17:24

How about the colours?

Won't the new Paranid ships look a little bit out of place when compared to Paranid stations and other Paranid ships that are mostly purple and have old models?

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 17:43

repatomonor wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 15:53
All Capital Bridges are too Big.
It takes ages for the Pilot to get to the Helm if you hand off the controls.
Lord-Herek wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 17:24
How about the colours?

Won't the new Paranid ships look a little bit out of place when compared to Paranid stations and other Paranid ships that are mostly purple and have old models?
The New Models use the same base material as the previous and remaining Ships.
By virtue of an overall larger model, you get the impression to have less of the primary Color.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 18:17

Bridges are fine, but we need more interiors to ships! Give us wardroom! Give us captain office and bedroom! Give us passage with illuminators!

Make capital ships more immersive, more alive!

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 18:51

Bridges need to be redesigned to math the aspect of the external bridge section of the ship (or redesign the model of the ship to math the bridge view design). Actually, we have a design in the bridge view and a different design in the ship model.

In other words, the windows of the bridge view not math with the windows in the ship model.

Return to “X4: Foundations”