@Dev's/Moderators - Any chance of getting a sticky Wish List/Request thread?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

@Dev's/Moderators - Any chance of getting a sticky Wish List/Request thread?

Post by grapedog » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:08

Any chance of getting a sticky wish list/request thread, purely for requests and wish list items, but not discussions?

It would be nice to have a spot to throw requests, especially smaller/QOL type stuff, without creating a new thread every time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: @Dev's/Moderators - Any chance of getting a sticky Wish List/Request thread?

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:44

Similar things have been suggested many times before (one example) and the usual responses are generally along these lines:

What happens if other people think a suggestion is a backward step or doesn't suit their personal playstyles?
How and with what justification would you stop other people from discussing each topic to death, which is often the case now?
Devs have their own specific areas of expertise, do you expect every dev to follow it and read every new post?
How would devs ask for additional information or evidence?
What level and detail of additional dev feedback are you expecting to receive in it or from it?
Who do you see coordinating it since it would need a dev coordinator to flag up and input issues and jobs correctly to the dev system?
Who do you see moderating its use - since it may well attract trolls and pranksters?
What would it actually add compared to the current ability to post issue reports and suggestions?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grapedog
x4

Re: @Dev's/Moderators - Any chance of getting a sticky Wish List/Request thread?

Post by grapedog » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 14:17

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:44
Similar things have been suggested many times before (one example) and the usual responses are generally along these lines:

What happens if other people think a suggestion is a backward step or doesn't suit their personal playstyles?
How and with what justification would you stop other people from discussing each topic to death, which is often the case now?
Devs have their own specific areas of expertise, do you expect every dev to follow it and read every new post?
How would devs ask for additional information or evidence?
What level and detail of additional dev feedback are you expecting to receive in it or from it?
Who do you see coordinating it since it would need a dev coordinator to flag up and input issues and jobs correctly to the dev system?
Who do you see moderating its use - since it may well attract trolls and pranksters?
What would it actually add compared to the current ability to post issue reports and suggestions?
The first one has no real answer, that's just life in general. People are never gonna agree on everything.

Just remove posts that don't follow a simple set of guidelines set forth in the original post. And I don't expect any devs to look or follow it. It's there so they can see player requests if they want to. If they want to reach out for more info, they certainly could, I also don't expect any flags or anything either. It's just a place to consolidate playerbase ideas in a concise/clear fashion. And it would add a place where ideas can be found. Tons of wishes and requests and ideas are posted, some might get read, some might get buried in the forum before they have a chance to. This would provide an easy spot to consolidate them so they can be found easier if someone wanted to.

I mean, yeah, i could just post a thread every time I have a thought of something that could make the game better...Just seems like a there should/could be a better way to get new ideas to the people that can use them. If a sticky thread isn't the right way, then what is another way... because I don't think the current system is any kind of efficient.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 18:04

If you have ideas for the current or future games, there's a currently little-used forum just for that. [L3+] Ideas. Just be sure to read and follow the rules, which are much stricter than for the general forums.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 19:20

Nanook wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 18:04
If you have ideas for the current or future games, there's a currently little-used forum just for that.
In other words, there is no reason for one thread here when there is already a whole Forum for the purpose.

@grapedog: We surely can appreciate that the Fora admins fulfilled your request before you even made it.
But, why request what one already has ... :gruebel:

... if there were one sticky thread (with strict, enforced rules), do you expect that no regular "Wishlist" shall pop in?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 21:51

Nanook wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 18:04
If you have ideas for the current or future games, there's a currently little-used forum just for that. [L3+] Ideas. Just be sure to read and follow the rules, which are much stricter than for the general forums.
It says I'm not authorized to read that forum.

I don't see it in the board index either.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:15

You need to be registered as a Level 3 or higher forum user as the forum name implies. To become level 3, click on your username at the top right on the forum, User Control Panel, Egosoft Settings, Newsletter & DevNet, and fill in your valid name, address and phone number details. These should be verifiable and only yourself and Egosoft System Admins (ie not the volunteer forum officials) can see them. Hopefully that should then allow you to access the L3+ forums.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 23:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 22:15
You need to be registered as a Level 3 or higher forum user as the forum name implies. To become level 3, click on your username at the top right on the forum, User Control Panel, Egosoft Settings, Newsletter & DevNet, and fill in your valid name, address and phone number details. These should be verifiable and only yourself and Egosoft System Admins (ie not the volunteer forum officials) can see them. Hopefully that should then allow you to access the L3+ forums.
I learned something new today!

Return to “X4: Foundations”