4.20 Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

4.20 Beta now available

Post by Gregory » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 16:02

*Update (November 17, 2021)*
Earlier this week we released two beta versions of the X4: Foundations 4.20 update. The focus of this update is on improvements and fixes, so we're not introducing any new features with this release. Please visit our forums for details of how to access the beta and report your findings. Thanks very much for participating, and for helping us with the ongoing development of X4: Foundations!

----

Since the release of X4: Cradle of Humanity and the extensive 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, we've been hard at work on the next big steps for our game. Today, we are pleased to announce that the 4.10 update is now available to download.

The full list of changes in 4.10 is available in our forum.

The new 4.10 update for X4: Foundations has become more extensive than originally planned and has, therefore, taken a bit more time. However, we are convinced that the extra effort was worth it and that you will like the numerous enhancements. In the 4.10 update we have, for example, improved the existing game feature of Terraforming and, in response to feedback on the 4.00 update, we have fixed various issues in connection with mining, trade and station management, among other things. We have also made improvements to the asset management of our graphics engine, resulting in better use of graphics memory. You will notice some changes when building stations, especially in terms of usability (more on this in Inside Egosoft Podcast Episode 4).

Custom Game Start
The new Custom Game Start feature allows players of X4: Foundations to customise certain starting conditions in the game, within limits that are set in order to maintain game balance. It is possible, for example, to influence factors such as available starting capital, sectors already explored, and relationships with other factions. Episode 2 of the Inside Egosoft Podcast includes more details about the Custom Game Start feature.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the 4.10 update. We hope that you enjoy exploring the new possibilities and especially, of course, trying out the Custom Game Start feature. Rediscovering X4: Foundations with a change in starting conditions is definitely something you should experience.

Thank you for your continued support, and stay safe in space!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Re: New features and tons of enhancements - 4.10 update for X4: Foundations now available

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 22:46

that looks SOO great. Congratulations and I will look into it for long time again.

Can I now buy into a station with a fleetful of traders instead of 1 by 1 iindividually?
e.g. I need 5000 hull parts, and have like 20 m traders, I had to select them 1 by 1 to give each his like 700 hull parts and zoom map again and again.
Is there SOME way to buy with many trade ships in "one go"?
Was this mentioned in the one or other way?

please, let it be here now. (tears and luck)
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

duwardl
x3tc

Re: New features and tons of enhancements - 4.10 update for X4: Foundations now available

Post by duwardl » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 23:39

The 4.1 update installed on my game this morning and though I like the overall changes I have a problem with Group Trainees I finished the terraforming yesterday and I trained 4 new pilots in the group training but when I went to add new pilots to the group training today the selection is missing from the dropdown on the PHQ, is assigning group trainees in a different place now?
Another problem I have is my PHQ is still at Memory Of Profit 9 and when I go to the build menu the planet is so bright I can't see the station to add to it, is there a way to dim the planet?

duwardl
x3tc

Post by duwardl » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 00:24

Nevermind the problem with group trainees I figured it out. You highlight the ship that has the pilots you want trained then right click the PHQ and there is a "Transfer Crew With" selection. I will have to change the terraforming video I was going to release on Friday.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 13:28

Is the 4.10 patch savegame compatible ??

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 13:45

Release versions are always save-compatible with earlier release version saves. That *might* not be the case with saves made in versions of the public betas though. Naturally this applies to vanilla games as 3rd party mods might not (initially) keep up with recent game version changes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:04

Thank you Egosoft from great game, DLCs and updates so far.
In quick test with 4.10 I found when you are in station build menu you cannot delete module when it is red (you do not get the right click menu). So module needs be get to "green" until you get the menu and can choose delete.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:24

It is not a good idea to use this Announcement thread to make issue reports (use the X4 Tech Sp forum) or game suggestions (use the main X4 gameplay forum). The right devs may miss seeing things hidden in here.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 13:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 13:45
Release versions are always save-compatible with earlier release version saves. That *might* not be the case with saves made in versions of the public betas though. Naturally this applies to vanilla games as 3rd party mods might not (initially) keep up with recent game version changes.

Thanks,

I think ill start a fresh and try the custom start..

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 12:01

Earlier this week we released two beta versions of the X4: Foundations 4.20 update. The focus of this update is on improvements and fixes, so we're not introducing any new features with this release. Please visit our forums for details of how to access the beta and report your findings. Thanks very much for participating, and for helping us with the ongoing development of X4: Foundations!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: 4.20 Beta now available

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:32

Wow, hopefully some things will change...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:50

Yep, that's what new version updates are for. :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:17

4.20 beta is underwhelming for be, but looking at DLC and 5.0 details, now I know it's worth to wait some more time for the big one :D

MrTyC

Post by MrTyC » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 00:09

Save Times
Hey,
So running the 4.20 Beta - new saves are going at avg. 23 secs (amazing!!) - immediately overwriting this then takes 1m55s avg.

I'm not running a monster PC but still the disparity between the elapsed times may be pointing to a bug?

Return to “X4: Foundations”