Drones - unlogical in Terran area

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

Drones - unlogical in Terran area

Post by WoodyAut » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:22

Hi,

Not sure if this post is in the right forum - in worst case please move it to the correct area.
Just build my first fab in terran area....with only terran parts....and got the common maintenance mission to put a few transport drones on my station.
so assigned a few drones - and like on all the other non-terran areas an offer to buy smartchips, powercells and droneparts appeared - until now nothing unusual.
Then had a look at the terran economy - neither droneparts nor smartchips are somewhere sold or requested by any fab there....so i am wondering why my fab is the only one asking for this parts in the terran/pio area since it was built only with terran parts ?
(and yes....of course possible to get the stuff from the western area, but this looks basically a bit unlogical to me)

Best regards
WoodyAut
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Wed, 21. Apr 21, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from beta forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Drones - unlogical in Terran area

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:33

you have to go to station information and find "default build setting" option and change it from "universal" to "Terran".

Before that I'd also remove all drone build orders to clear the resource requirement in station Logical overview.

Changeing to Terran and setting drone build again will ask for Terran resources.

WoodyAut
x4

Post by WoodyAut » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:52

Thanks alot for the fast reply - this solved the problem.

Best regards
WoodyAut

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 23:37

Actually there is a big issue with TER stations and drones. Only docks have the capacity to carry drones. None of their defensive modules allow for drone compacity so one dock = 20 drones and that is it. These gives you very few repair, cargo or defensive drones period. I reported it as a bug but not sure if it is a bug or intentional but TER defensive platforms suffer tremendously due to the lack of drones.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 00:40

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:33
you have to go to station information and find "default build setting" option and change it from "universal" to "Terran".

Before that I'd also remove all drone build orders to clear the resource requirement in station Logical overview.

Changeing to Terran and setting drone build again will ask for Terran resources.
Thanks for the tip.
I hope this option gets added to the logistical menu as well. :/
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”