Did the AI get really reaaly bad with 4.0?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arshiba
x4

Re: Did the AI get really reaaly bad with 4.0?

Post by arshiba » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 09:18

aquatica wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 21:16
massive starvation of resources for Xenon
I think yesterday I figured out one of the reasons for resource sink (or maybe the main one). And, that is the lost build storages. After analyzing my 72h savegame, I got 123 of 261 total (i.e. 46%) xenon's build storages are lost (no station associated with them). But miners still deliver resources to them instead of wharf/shipyard!
This report gave me this idea. I have observed the behavior of xenon miners (quite strange) in their sectors. Now I made a bug workaround and want to check if my game will get better. Then maybe I'll add it to my mod.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 18:30

arshiba wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 09:18
I think yesterday I figured out one of the reasons for resource sink (or maybe the main one). And, that is the lost build storages. After analyzing my 72h savegame, I got 123 of 261 total (i.e. 46%) xenon's build storages are lost (no station associated with them). But miners still deliver resources to them instead of wharf/shipyard!
This report gave me this idea. I have observed the behavior of xenon miners (quite strange) in their sectors. Now I made a bug workaround and want to check if my game will get better. Then maybe I'll add it to my mod.
That could explain why I see Xenon stations waiting for build materials for around 70 hours and still not getting them, reported it here.

arshiba
x4

Post by arshiba » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:20

Vilmu wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 18:30
That could explain why I see Xenon stations waiting for build materials for around 70 hours and still not getting them, reported it here.
I used your save to check. Removed all lost build storages (all 1055 of 2637, xenon 181 of 208). Skipped 6 game hours. The result is not so impressive, but the xenons are clearly starting to recover.
Perhaps there was also a strong influence of other balancer mods I use, but there are no cheats among them, everything that xenons have had to be built.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:38

Just judging from the fact that in 6 hours after removing the storages, they actually build more in your game than they've in 70 hours in mine, it could indeed be the ghost build storages causing it.
Unless it's actually one of your balance mods that caused them to build those :P

edit: English.

Return to “X4: Foundations”