It's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't even commented on the broken station manager and mining

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zxmagus

It's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't even commented on the broken station manager and mining

Post by zxmagus » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 19:05

As the title has said it's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't commented on the broken station miner and mining issues that are plaguing the game.

mehmeteking
x4

Re: It's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't even commented on the broken station manager and mining

Post by mehmeteking » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:40

zxmagus wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 19:05
As the title has said it's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't commented on the broken station miner and mining issues that are plaguing the game.
Of course they haven't. Why are you surprised? :)

Clownmug
x4

Re: It's been more then a month and ego soft hasn't even commented on the broken station manager and mining

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:56

I've seen some of the problems with mining but what's broken about station managers?

Dagonfel

Post by Dagonfel » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:18

I agree that mining is a lot harder in general. Auto mining is way worse than a station manager doing it for you. The only solution is throwing more mining ships at it. At around 70 mining ships of various sizes, I found that my massive complex did alright at keeping the resources stocked up. Of course, then you lose a ton of them to Khak raiding parties.

This might work for you. Get several miners of the different sizes. Small are fast and will spot check your station with resources. Medium will take a bit longer but can bring more. Large seem to be the best bang for your buck when you can afford them fairly easily.

At first I was putting 30 small and 20 medium with a few Large. After a day of running most of my small and medium would be blown up but the Large seemed to keep on trucking and can fend off most of the attacks. This got me by for a few days, enough to get resources and the station making money so I could buy more blueprints. I just started replacing all of the small and mediums with larges now and my complex seems to keep moving without many problems.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:05

zxmagus wrote:
Why blame Egosoft? When they "announced" their intentions of changing mining and the first implementations on this were introduced in V4.0 Beta the "community" was ahhhing and ooohing about the lines of the Katana, speculating about the Asgard and trying to figure out what the "sail" was for...
And that not mentioning that the "Beta testers" (in their majority) would take a 300h game into the Beta, with everything streamlined and, of course start difficulties and issues were never considered (or considered enough if you like).

A "sane" (IMHO) reaction of the community to that dreaded announcement" would have been... "well bring what you have in mind along and let us see" and upon Beta implementation a 4 weeks "ban" of playing the game in any form until Egosoft rolls back ill thought "adjustments" (with proportional posts and critics in all forums, the "commercial" in particular).

F.L.O.
x3ap

Post by F.L.O. » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:53

Clownmug wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:56
I've seen some of the problems with mining but what's broken about station managers?
They tend to send all their miners to fill one resource instead of splitting them up. Ontop of that you need to use Blacklists, otherwise they are going to send their miners to the other side of the galaxy if there are resource probes with better yields placed there.
So you either have to use multiple amounts more Miners than you would actually need, so the one they love to fill up is always completely full, or use mining only stations, which collect one resource each and use miners to carry those resources to the stations that need them. Its alot of micromanagement that should be done by the managers, which do absolutely nothing atm at whichever skill level they are.
You also still need to replace lost ships manually. Atleast that is fixable by a mod.

People will say its manageable and just a part of the game, but it really is not. Why would the game tell you that the manager will supervise the Miners if they are clearly not able to? The Tutorial is actually rather detailed, but not one word about you needing to manage massive distribution networks by hand is getting taught or told about.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:47

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:05
zxmagus wrote:
Why blame Egosoft? When they "announced" their intentions of changing mining and the first implementations on this were introduced in V4.0 Beta the "community" was ahhhing and ooohing about the lines of the Katana, speculating about the Asgard and trying to figure out what the "sail" was for...
And that not mentioning that the "Beta testers" (in their majority) would take a 300h game into the Beta, with everything streamlined and, of course start difficulties and issues were never considered (or considered enough if you like).

A "sane" (IMHO) reaction of the community to that dreaded announcement" would have been... "well bring what you have in mind along and let us see" and upon Beta implementation a 4 weeks "ban" of playing the game in any form until Egosoft rolls back ill thought "adjustments" (with proportional posts and critics in all forums, the "commercial" in particular).
Don't blame the Beta testers. We complained over and over that mining broke after the "Bug" fix changing how all miners magically collected resources. They then decided that breaking mining wasn't enough so they nerfed the sectors spawn rates as well. They have all the blame for this mess. If you want to blame someone blame all the players who wanted mining nerfed because their sadists who want to play 2000 hours before you reach end game. these are the players they listened to and made running an empire impossible with the same amount of miners and stations in 3.30. Their idea to nerf all the economy to slow down player growth, ignored bugs about how miners used resource probes, and no way to find high yield resource locations was all because they had to release COH in March without fail.

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:52

Other than ore and silicon mining taking at least 2x longer, I don't see any other huge issues.

In my current play, my stations are in Savage Spur which is only a jump from the Void which is really full of almost all resources. No station has sent any miners to the void. All of mine are staying in Savage Spur unless one's to mine ice which the sector does not have.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:11

easternsun wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:47
If you want to blame someone blame all the players who wanted mining nerfed because their sadists who want to play 2000 hours before you reach end game.
Isn't self-inflicted torment masochism? Sadists don't want the "elongated play" for themselves, but for you. Or was it the altruistic?

When the "broken" is used, does it refer to "does not work correctly as it is intended to work" as in a "bug" or "I don't want this"?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:14

zxmagus wrote:
Some specifics wouldn't hurt.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:27

easternsun wrote:
Don't blame the Beta testers. We complained over and over that mining broke after the "Bug" fix changing how all miners magically collected resources. They then decided that breaking mining wasn't enough so they nerfed the sectors spawn rates as well. They have all the blame for this mess. If you want to blame someone blame all the players who wanted mining nerfed because their sadists who want to play 2000 hours before you reach end game. these are the players they listened to and made running an empire impossible with the same amount of miners and stations in 3.30. Their idea to nerf all the economy to slow down player growth, ignored bugs about how miners used resource probes, and no way to find high yield resource locations was all because they had to release COH in March without fail.
I'm one of the Beta testers too... and sincerely posted my disagreement over the whole debuckle and I do know that there were others in the same (or similar) opinion. That doesn't negate my "answer" that should have been... Instead the majority just keeps playing an, essentially, broken game and just whines on posts...
That said, we have already "casted our vote" (bought the game and the two DLCs), me even when I did not have a computer capable to play it (it took me a good year and a half to afford one), most probably out of love for the X Universe (which Egosoft capitalises on). So... we'll just have to wait for our next turn to "vote" (buy)...

P.S. Of course they had to release CoH "on time" or else all those ooohing and ahhhing (and they were a lot) would get really displeased (and their attention would have been drawn back to the game itself), not to mention that there might even be an early end to the European/American/Australian lockdown (if all other countries had followed the UK vaccination drive it would have) and then people would come back in "sanity", unable to play all these "needed" hours to do anything and start noticing the defects once again...

And yes... this is my personal opinion (everyone is entitled to one I last heard), unless I have other "plausible" explanations and not just "untrue" or "disinformation". If it's not true then what is the truth? Because the bugs exist and that is a truth...

SumUser
x4

Post by SumUser » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:37

One issue I had with my miner (under station manager control) was that said mining ship was traveling from Grand Exchange I to Ianamus Zura IV to mine silicon. Never had issues like that before 4.0. Easy enough fix was to just include a trade restriction on the mining ships attached to PHQ... To which they then naturally decided to mine silicon in Grand Exchange III because III has several K less than the sector they (and PHQ) were already in.... :lol:

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:38

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:11
Isn't self-inflicted torment masochism? Sadists don't want the "elongated play" for themselves, but for you. Or was it the altruistic?

When the "broken" is used, does it refer to "does not work correctly as it is intended to work" as in a "bug" or "I don't want this"?
You are totally correct about what masochism an sadism is. Masochism from the Biblical king Masoch who would inflict wounds and great pain to himself so as not to have intercourse with his brother's wife that he had "inherited" according to Jewish law and sadism from the books of Marquise de Sadde who wrote them to "uncover" the ruling classes, mainly because they didn't include him in their "fun and games" and sharing power...
That said the context of the post makes such "notes" somewhat irrelevant as I know that 99% of post readers got the gist of what was meant.

As for the "broken" it surely is "it's not working as before or at all" so it's most probably a bug, as the "I don't want this" might have been something like mine "ill thought changes" and, of course, the "as it is intended to work" is not applicable anywhere since Egosoft is not giving away official info on the game mechanics therefore the players can not know how it is supposed to work.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 00:28

jlehtone wrote:
easternsun wrote:
If you want to blame someone blame all the players who wanted mining nerfed because their sadists who want to play 2000 hours before you reach end game.
Isn't self-inflicted torment masochism? Sadists don't want the "elongated play" for themselves, but for you.
It's a bit of both. I remember seeing a post with someone wanting things to take longer because they didn't want Egosoft to "pander to impatient people". That just says it all.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 00:31

jlehtone wrote:
easternsun wrote:

The ones who wanted the mining nerf to stretch the game are probably most of the ones that wanted a crystal and nividium nerf because it's too easy to make money. They either are not strong enough to resist the temptation, or don't want others to be able to do it in their single player game. So I would say S or M could apply.

As for mining being 'broken', if there is a bug, I don't want it. It should be fixed. If it is intended, I don't want it and would vote for reversion. Yes, I was one of the ~25% that voted no in the poll. Only because "Dear God, no, I don't want this change" was not an option.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Sauerlandbub
x4

Helium bug still active

Post by Sauerlandbub » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 07:39

Yes, there is an important bug.
Miner fill with some types of ore or gas and never deliver this to station.
So after two hours a miner is completely filled and stops working.

Minor important bug is that miner use wrong priority.
They do not care what station needs, they prefer to collect a single ressource until limit.
In my game all stations are full of helium, methan always runs out.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:02

Mining loses have prompted me to start a new game, with no miners !
Yip ! Not going to use miners at all. See what happens to the game !
Obviously some things will be slower, although I am @ 20+ rep with 3 Factions already.
:)

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:29

al_dude wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:52
Other than ore and silicon mining taking at least 2x longer, I don't see any other huge issues.

In my current play, my stations are in Savage Spur which is only a jump from the Void which is really full of almost all resources. No station has sent any miners to the void. All of mine are staying in Savage Spur unless one's to mine ice which the sector does not have.
Yes, I see the same with stations in Terran space, can't see why The Void is shunned by miners.
I removed all resource probes in surrounding sectors except The Void,
& miners still go everywhere exept to the marked high-resources in The Void !

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:38

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 22:38
As for the "broken" it surely is "it's not working as before or at all" so it's most probably a bug, as the "I don't want this" might have been something like mine "ill thought changes" and, of course, the "as it is intended to work" is not applicable anywhere since Egosoft is not giving away official info on the game mechanics therefore the players can not know how it is supposed to work.
* "it's not working as before" is something that we know to be intentional
* "it's not working at all" is probably due to bugs, but "not at all" is vague and since miners do something, not exact truth
* Yes, we can't tell whether every observation is from intentional feature or bug
Sauerlandbub wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 07:39
Yes, there is an important bug.
Miner fill with some types of ore or gas and never deliver this to station.
So after two hours a miner is completely filled and stops working.

Minor important bug is that miner use wrong priority.
They do not care what station needs, they prefer to collect a single ressource until limit.
These are nice examples of observations. Not a blanket "broken" statement, but precise description.
Are they reported in Tech Support Forum?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 13:53

exogenesis wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:29
al_dude wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:52

Yes, I see the same with stations in Terran space, can't see why The Void is shunned by miners.
I removed all resource probes in surrounding sectors except The Void,
& miners still go everywhere exept to the marked high-resources in The Void !
Might not be the case, but make sure you haven't blacklisted sectors with dangerous areas. Just be sure this is part of the 'New and Improved' mining routine.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Return to “X4: Foundations”