Ships bought by the AI should be neutral to everyone for some time. Its too easy to exploit right now.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Max Bain
x3ap

Ships bought by the AI should be neutral to everyone for some time. Its too easy to exploit right now.

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:14

In front of my shipyard there is a field of ship wreckages because TER is destroying all PIO ships coming out of my shipyard in a few seconds. I can loot the drop and PIo is always buying new ships because they lack ships for ever this way.
Make ships neutral for half an hour or so, so they can at least fly to their own sectors before beeing destroyed.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Raptor34
x4

Re: Ships bought by the AI should be neutral to everyone for some time. Its too easy to exploit right now.

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:26

There is a plot that causes TER to be hostile to PIO?
Frankly speaking though I don't mind. I just build appropriate wharf/shipyards in their appropriate locations.

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: Ships bought by the AI should be neutral to everyone for some time. Its too easy to exploit right now.

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:35

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:26
Frankly speaking though I don't mind. I just build appropriate wharf/shipyards in their appropriate locations.
I dont know. I play with DeadAir Dynamic War. But this problem is not new or exclusive to terran and pio but to each faction that is enemy to another one and if both these factions are neutral or friendly to the player.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:36

This is not a thing in vanilla, at least not the OPs example. Works for other factions though.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 06:15

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:14
In front of my shipyard there is a field of ship wreckages because TER is destroying all PIO ships coming out of my shipyard in a few seconds. I can loot the drop and PIo is always buying new ships because they lack ships for ever this way.
Make ships neutral for half an hour or so, so they can at least fly to their own sectors before beeing destroyed.
Damn why didn't I think of coming at this from this angle. The Dev won't fix a damn thing just because it makes sense to fix it but they will come out of the wood work to fix an exploit, especially one where it make the game easier and faster for the player.

Yes, you are correct, it is a massively exploitable situation. What to guarantee your shipyard/wharf is profitable, just make sure to build ships for both sides of any conflict, then you will get a new order as soon as they kill each other off. Then yes, you can of course just sit back and collect all the dropped loot.

You hear that devs, THERE IS AN EXPLOIT!!!! We need a way to prevent players from exploiting the fact that you as a player can't prevent NPCs from fighting in and around your stations. Maybe you should use that "Territorial Waters" Idea I came up with where NPCs can't attack each other within 20 km of your station unless you are their enemy or hell even the OPs solution of an immunity period after being newly built. YES WE MUST PLUG THIS EXPLOIT IMMEDIATELY!!!!

:lol:

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:54

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:36
This is not a thing in vanilla, at least not the OPs example. Works for other factions though.
Why not? This has been reported long ago in vanilla as well.
Just sell to HOP and ARG and you have the same situation.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:07

When i had multiple shipyards, i just banned certain factions from buying ships at certain yards, to avoid the carnage.

Because shipyards are still ridiculously profitable even after the nerf, new games ill only build one shipyard, and still do the same, ban factions who for that playthrough are not my friends.

That solves the vast majority of my issues regarding the carnage... ill typically not be friends with two warring factions. Like if im friends with HoP, ZYA, and TEL... they dont poach each other, and i wont sell to PAR, FRF, ARG, or ANT.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:00

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:07
When i had multiple shipyards, i just banned certain factions from buying ships at certain yards, to avoid the carnage.

Because shipyards are still ridiculously profitable even after the nerf, new games ill only build one shipyard, and still do the same, ban factions who for that playthrough are not my friends.

That solves the vast majority of my issues regarding the carnage... ill typically not be friends with two warring factions. Like if im friends with HoP, ZYA, and TEL... they dont poach each other, and i wont sell to PAR, FRF, ARG, or ANT.
I am not asking for a work around. I want to point the devs at the issue in their game with offering a concept for a solution so that they can fix it :wink: .

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:06

so you made an ambush for PIO making them waste resources and getting nothing... Sounds like a strategic win, congrats on that! Really good job! :)
I will consider the idea and will try to apply in my game, thanks for sharing!:)
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:17

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:00
I am not asking for a work around. I want to point the devs at the issue in their game with offering a concept for a solution so that they can fix it :wink: .
Competing offer: Require that you have to dock the to be sold ship to the yard of the owner before the transaction. That is how the previous games did it; dock before sales. There could still be remote orders (automation), but you would get money only after your ship is at its "new home".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:11

I like to build a shipyard near two hostile factions so they kill each other and then have to buy more ships from me.

Profit.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:24

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:54
rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:36
Why not? This has been reported long ago in vanilla as well.
Just sell to HOP and ARG and you have the same situation.
I was referring to the problem described in the OP where TER and PIO fighting each other. That is not the case in vanilla. And I also said, that the problem exists for other factions, like HOP and ARG.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 22:56

KextV8 wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:11
I like to build a shipyard near two hostile factions so they kill each other and then have to buy more ships from me.

Profit.
Like the OP said, this is a major exploit that should be removed form the game by fixing it so that enemy factions don't fight it out across your docking platforms.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 23:03

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:00
grapedog wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:07

Don't hold your breath about the devs fixing anything. Its like the whole "friendly fire" thing. This has been around since the begining and the devs COULD fix it but don't. They would rather a player (ME) lose an entire fleet of capital ships (7 destroyers + supporting elements) that were just chilling by their Wharf while I was waiting for some other ships to join up so we could push out the Xenon who were swarming the sector. I am guessing the minute my attention was elsewhere, a lone Xenon fighter flew by, my fleet opened up in it and hit the Wharf with some accidently "friendly fire" and the Wharf proceeded to open up on my Fleet. Now I am down 7 cap ships and the ARG Wharf is shot to hell and back.

Now I don't want to hijack the topic but my point is that the issue with friendly fire has been in the game since the beginning and people have been complaining about it since the beginning. It is so bad that there is even been a mod that kind of helps deal with this situation. However, NO FIX.

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Post by Wraith_Magus » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 23:45

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:26
If you build your shipyard in The Moon or Earth, Terrans should be hostile to basically everyone else there...

(I always found it odd that they have this strict requirement to prove yourself before you can get granted Moon/Earth access, but as soon as you have it, literally any yahoo that flies your company logo can get in, even if they're freshly hired off the wharf of a Paranid station. I mean, there is no such thing as double-agents in your own company in the game yet, but that seems like such an obvious thing to do...)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 01:35

I have suggested many times that NPCs should only pay on delivery and only accept ships delivered to a safe gathering point. The entire process would be automated (built, flies to place and then ownership changed without any user input required) but until it is complete the ship would use the player faction's cover. If the ship is destroyed before delivery then the player does not get paid, but that would require an enemy of the player to do so and the player would be inclined to deal with such enemies to avoid losses.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 07:10

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 01:35
I have suggested many times that NPCs should only pay on delivery and only accept ships delivered to a safe gathering point. The entire process would be automated (built, flies to place and then ownership changed without any user input required) but until it is complete the ship would use the player faction's cover. If the ship is destroyed before delivery then the player does not get paid, but that would require an enemy of the player to do so and the player would be inclined to deal with such enemies to avoid losses.
Doesn't seem impossible tbh. The terraforming drones are using your faction and afaict you cannot control them as they fly off.
And change of faction code is already there, as seen from selling your ships remotely.
But frankly beyond that I want a price bonus for actually locating your wharf/shipyard in faction territory. Incentives the player to actually locate them in territories they are servicing.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 08:42

KextV8 wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:11

Profit.
Spoken like a true teladi.
On topic:It's fine. there's even an achievement for playing two sides of the coin. Profitsssssss.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 09:45

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 07:10
Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 01:35
If the ship is destroyed before delivery then the player does not get paid, but that would require an enemy of the player to do so and the player would be inclined to deal with such enemies to avoid losses.
Incentives the player to actually locate them in territories they are servicing.
Isn't the risk in delivery an incentive?

The "safe gathering point" could have Buy Offers for ships just like stations have for wares. The Trader at your Wharf could then reserve order, build, and deliver just like Managers send wares. You could take those offers yourself too, if you have a suitable ship. The latter we somewhat already have in the Procure a Ship-missions so a question is whether general offers and missions can co-exist.

That still leaves the pirate way of life to think about. How to get rid of junk that nobody wants? Shipyards could make offers for scrap metal (any ship&layout will do). Price could depend on how much of the ship they can strip (have space for wares) with fully stocked Yard paying only pittance.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:40

Building ships needs to be far harder than it is, if your shipyard is producing ships for the enemy of another ! In real life, that yard would be bombed to stop this from happening. They didn't ought to be attacking the ships. They ought to destroy the shipyard. !

Make shipyards have affiliation, and or specified Blueprints. Reducing what a shipyard can make. Having all the blueprints available at one yard is silly, not very realistic.

If you build a shipyard, it needs to be set up to produce one factions ships, and no other !

This would slow the progress of Shipyard fever.

At the moment, Shipyards are cash cows, that vomit money regardless. They need raining in.

:o

Return to “X4: Foundations”