Ships Parking in Fabrication Bays

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

Ships Parking in Fabrication Bays

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 00:28

All of a sudden it seems whenever I order any L or XL ship to dock at one of my shipyards they always park in the Fabrication Bays. There are normally 6 vacant docking piers available but no matter what direction the ship approaches from it parks in the Fab Bays.. This is annoying AF especially when I have ships in the queue to build that get blocked. I don't remember this ever being a problem before 4.0 but maybe it was. Either way ships ordered to park should use piers, not the fab bays.

Lander1979
x4

Re: Ships Parking in Fabrication Bays

Post by Lander1979 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 06:18

Instead of using "Dock at" try using "Transfer wares with station" or "Trade with Station". See if they still do it when you use those 2 commands.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 06:39

Lander1979 wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 06:18
Instead of using "Dock at" try using "Transfer wares with station" or "Trade with Station". See if they still do it when you use those 2 commands.
I'm guessing they will still land at the fabrication bays. My shipyard has plenty of dock space but my autominers still dock in the fabrication bays. Which makes it really annoying when trying to mass build ships.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:05

not to mention slower to get in and out. I'd much rather have ships default to external docking pads first, then go for equip/fab docks.

For my shipyards I always have an 8M, and a couple of 3M6S pads available too. Spread out around the edges, so no matter what direction you come from a docking pad is easy to find. I know OOS NPC's don't really work that way... but aesthetically, i prefer it... and they should use it like that when I'm local.

Return to “X4: Foundations”