Future player sector

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Re: Future player sector

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 06:37

KextV8 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 21:23
Midnitewolf wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 19:59
I honestly would like them to add more "unclaimed" sectors to the map. It would actually be really nice if there was some sort of "exploration" story or game mechanic added to finding them as well.
I wish the opposite. The unclaimed sectors should all be unclaimed for a reason. Either they are a war zone, or have no resources etc. We should have to fight to gain our own territory, or possibly be gifted it as a plot reward from a faction in exchange for services rendered. Or some kind of exploration mechanic as you suggested.

Claiming ownership over a system should be more meaningful than, I built an admin center and a dock here, this place mine now.
I am actually fine with that to be honest. One of the biggest things missing from this game and preventing it from being a true sandbox experience is the lack of meaningful territory control and diplomacy. I have zero issue having to fight for territory but I want that fight to mean more than a green border around the sector. I want to be able to restrict access to the resources in that sector to me only, to be able to capture and take possession of enemy stations in the sector I control. To be able to restrict right of passage through my sector. The ability to say who an who cannot build a station in my sector. The ability to enforce the peace in my sector, the ability to tax stations, change tolls at gates I own, etc, etc, etc. I also want dynamic wars where faction can and will declare war on the player once they claim their own sector and I want the ability to both declare war and negotiate peace. Basically the tool required to play an emerging, "Sandbox" experience sans story which only serves to restrict and limit the emerging gameplay that can only exist in a true sandbox. That is the game I would love to play, but.........

We don't have that so working within the frameworks of the existing game we have, more unclaimed sectors as good or even possible better than NF would be better than nothing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”