[Feature request] Simulation room [War Room] Possible idea for ONLINE PVP/PVE

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

slober
x4

[Feature request] Simulation room [War Room] Possible idea for ONLINE PVP/PVE

Post by slober » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:28

I would like to ask to make something like TestWarRoom.
It is similar to tutoring sector what we already have in the game but with possibility to add any amount of any ships.

What I mean?
You have small sector where you can check and watch battles between ships and stations(about stations I'm not sure).
For example you add to sector Asgard and 3x XEN K + XEN I and give them command to fight. In very short period of time you see results of this fight.

In this case:
- player will have place where he can check how his setup for ship is working in real battles (what type of turrets is better for some situation, what type of guns do you want to use or finally full testing for missiles).
- developer can easily watch different type of fights, collect statistics and step by step make balance for ships / at the same time get more information and feedback from players who can test different sets in different situations what can save a lot of time and help.
- maybe it will help to find a lot of bugs with fleet/turrets/guns behaviour and will make a lot of new ideas how to handle a fleet.

Possible idea for Online:
- in some case you can use WarRooms for online battles between player fleets or use Venture to send fleet to fight with other player in some neutral WarRoom zone.

Thanks
Last edited by slober on Tue, 13. Apr 21, 22:56, edited 2 times in total.

Raptor34
x4

Re: [Feature request] Simulation room [War Room]

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:48

More than that I don't see why you can't take part in these battles. Which considering how the simulated economy makes it hard to find good fights at times, something like this will be welcome.
Remember to let us apply mods of both the paint and equipment variety though.
Also allow multi-party fights, like perhaps you can have an ARG/ZYA fight with the Xenon lurking at the corners.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 16:30

Why not just make a save, then go try out your battle plan and reload at the end?

slober
x4

Post by slober » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 17:23

sd_jasper wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 16:30
Why not just make a save, then go try out your battle plan and reload at the end?
For example you want test 1x Xyn + 4x Rattlesnake vs 1 Asgard without any other ships and supports around. And each ship has special setup, not half of turrets like it generally is. Clear test.
Or if you want to enjoy and test 4x XEN I +12x XEN K vs your fleet - it is completely impossible a specially now when Xenons complete disarmed.

You don't need to send your fleet to other side of the galaxy for testing. It can help a lot to players and devs at the same time for testing and balancing.
You can spend a huge amount of time to get some situation what you need or even never find it. With WarRoom it will be possible and easy.

And it is easy to make. Just sector with S/M/L/XL Shipyard with unlimited recourses. You can build any ship what you need.
Collect fleets and then chose some side(faction) for them to push fighting with each other.

---
What is important.
I hope WarRoom in the future could become a some place for PVP session online battles where you can fight with other fleets and players. As an Example is Star Conflict.
But fleets. It can be just fleet commands to avoid problems with ping but it could be very cool for us and profitable for devs.

1 sector and different rules for PVP or PVE battles.
- fleet vs fleet
- defend station
- attack station
- 2 players vs 2 players. Someone use Carrier and wings of S/M another use L/XL battleships and destroyers.
- whatever.

Or even make some server with galaxy and possibility to shoose some side of conflict and send fleets through Venture to support them.
Something like very very simple EVE online :)

capitalduty

Re: [Feature request] Simulation room [War Room] Possible idea for ONLINE PVP/PVE

Post by capitalduty » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:51

I really love the war room idea.

Something similar as a battle editor will do:

-You should be able to add individual ships with a saved loadout.
-You could select warring factions (set neutral, ally and enemy factions before starting the scenario)
-You should be able to select sector :)

This off course could immensely benefit developer cause they will receive better and more accurate feedback around balancing and general ai mechanics that are hard to set up in a normal playthrough.
Off course, if we get there making this a similar semi-online venture mechanic could add a new interesting gameplay feature besides the sandbox experience. Clan battles could really become a thing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”