[possible bug?] Mission/Steam achievement "Righteous Fury"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral Kirk
x4

[possible bug?] Mission/Steam achievement "Righteous Fury"

Post by Admiral Kirk » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:44

Hi,

I'm playing "Fires of Defeat" game start to get the achievement "Righteous Fury". This is my 2nd try to do it. The first time I tried that mission was around a year ago. The result was that the fleet which has to be destroyed to restore my honor was destroyed by... someone else. I got a message from a split, something like "we'll never forget that" (don't remember the exact message), a mission complete sound occured and the mission disappeared from my mission board. And now (fresh game start a few days ago) it happened again :( I reported the issue on Steam a year ago, but no response... and this time I even didn't get part 2 of the mission.

In both games, I did absolutely nothing to screw that fleet up. I just want to get enough money to build a warf and THEN I would go for a fight... but this would take time. Instead this mission seems to be self-solving, but without giving me the achievement ;)
So, unfortunately I can't reproduce it, and I also don't want to start new games until I can face this fleet by myself. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to re-trigger the mission? At least the mission should be optimized in a way that the fleet and the leader can't be destroyed by NPCs...

Regards

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Re: [possible bug?] Mission/Steam achievement "Righteous Fury"

Post by Wraith_Magus » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:46

For stuff like this, rolling saves are a good idea. (I mean, a little late now, unless you haven't played since then and still have an autosave from before that point...) Just keep a save of a point just before that mission triggers and the target is still definitely alive.

There are also certain "stopping points" in certain plot chains that you really should take advantage of when you can. I.E. you pretty much want to do PHQ and to a lesser extent Hatikvah's plots as fast as possible, but later plots you might want to put off until you have a certain fleet size, so you'll want to delay completing certain missions like Defenders of Sol until you're ready for the combat missions that come after that which expect you to complete tasks one after the other. (Defenders of Sol even explicitly has a "let's take a break and go to a wharf to upgrade engines because there's combat coming" mission.)

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:53

The problem with that mission is that you need to kill a certain amount of ships yourself to get the achievement. For this reason i failed it on the first try too. Second try i went in as soon as i got a M class ship to kill a decent amount of the fighters myself to ensure nobody else destroys them. The plan was then to come back with a couple S fighters as support to destroy the Rattlesnake. However the rattlesnake is actually so low on shield an hull that a unmodded katana can actually handle the shields rather fast and i was pretty much done by the time my fighters arrived. That try i did get the achievement. So if you want the achievement i would recommend you really go for it as fast as you got a decent M class ship and save just before attacking them.

Admiral Kirk
x4

Post by Admiral Kirk » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 19:19

Wraith_Magus wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:46
For stuff like this, rolling saves are a good idea. (I mean, a little late now, unless you haven't played since then and still have an autosave from before that point...) Just keep a save of a point just before that mission triggers and the target is still definitely alive.
I have a save made about an hour before the mission completed itself, so that wouldn't be a problem. The question is if the achievement can still be obtained. According to chip56, the answer is no, because most of the fighters are already down. And in case of that special game start, the mission triggered automatically at the beginning, so saving before mission triggers isn't an option for this scenario. That's another reason why I consider the whole thing as a bug.
chip56 wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:53
The problem with that mission is that you need to kill a certain amount of ships yourself to get the achievement. For this reason i failed it on the first try too. Second try i went in as soon as i got a M class ship to kill a decent amount of the fighters myself to ensure nobody else destroys them. The plan was then to come back with a couple S fighters as support to destroy the Rattlesnake. However the rattlesnake is actually so low on shield an hull that a unmodded katana can actually handle the shields rather fast and i was pretty much done by the time my fighters arrived. That try i did get the achievement. So if you want the achievement i would recommend you really go for it as fast as you got a decent M class ship and save just before attacking them.
So, it means my savegame is crap - again... sigh Okay, I'll restart once more and try to fight as soon as possible...

Thank you both.

Regards

Return to “X4: Foundations”