Question - Resources needed for ship building?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dagonfel

Question - Resources needed for ship building?

Post by Dagonfel » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:20

Is there a place to see what resources are needed for ship construction? I've looked at everything I think I can find in the info tab, but nothing that states what resources are still required. All of the intermediate products in my station are set up like this. Buy amount 0, buy value as low as it goes. Sell amount 0 and sell value as high as it goes. I do it this way to prevent my intermediate resources being sold to the NPC's and to ensure I'm not buying things I can make. It makes sense that my station doesn't put out buy orders for any resources I'm missing for building ships, which I'm fine with. I would like to find the spot (if it exists) that states what resources are still missing for the pending ships on the construction queue though. I will manually go collect that stuff.

Thank you!

JoeVN09
x4

Re: Question - Resources needed for ship building?

Post by JoeVN09 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:34

I think the encyclopedia entry for each ship shows how much of each resource is required to build one. That's not tremendously easy to access from the info tab though and you can't see the sum of multiple ships, so it might be a good idea to have a notepad to hand. :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Dagonfel

Post by Dagonfel » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:53

Yeah, that only helps for the base ship. Doesn't take into consideration what shields, weapons and so on that I would be using as well. Although, it is a suggestion. haha.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:00

All Terran designs are made from...
  • Energy Cells
  • Computronic Substrate
  • Silicon Carbide
  • Metallic Microlattice
This includes all aspects of their loadout, or other loadout items that have a Terran recipe available.

All Common Wealth designs are made from...
  • Energy Cells (everything needs them)
  • Chassis: Hull Parts
  • Engines/Thrusters: Engine Parts, Antimatter Converters
  • Guns: Weapon Components, Advanced Electronics
  • Turrets: Turret Components, Advanced Electronics
  • Shields: Shield Components, Field Coils
  • Flares: Advanced Composites
  • Missiles/Torpedoes: Missile Components, Smart Chips
  • Drones: Drone Components, Smart Chips
  • Deployables: Various combinations of above

Dagonfel

Post by Dagonfel » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:31

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:00
All Terran designs are made from...
  • Energy Cells
  • Computronic Substrate
  • Silicon Carbide
  • Metallic Microlattice
This includes all aspects of their loadout, or other loadout items that have a Terran recipe available.

All Common Wealth designs are made from...
  • Energy Cells (everything needs them)
  • Chassis: Hull Parts
  • Engines/Thrusters: Engine Parts, Antimatter Converters
  • Guns: Weapon Components, Advanced Electronics
  • Turrets: Turret Components, Advanced Electronics
  • Shields: Shield Components, Field Coils
  • Flares: Advanced Composites
  • Missiles/Torpedoes: Missile Components, Smart Chips
  • Drones: Drone Components, Smart Chips
  • Deployables: Various combinations of above
I certainly understand these requirements. My question, is there a place to see the exact resources you are missing while you have a large build order queued up? You can see this when you go to build new ships and then it says this station is missing X resources. It becomes slightly more challenging when you have NPC's building ships from your station as well and I don't know what resources they are missing as well.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 04:24

Dagonfel wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:31
It becomes slightly more challenging when you have NPC's building ships from your station as well and I don't know what resources they are missing as well.
That window should also factor in the cost of all queued up NPC orders. However NPCs generally avoid putting in orders that get queued up and cannot complete immediately.

My general advice for this is to check storage levels for build parts and work to raise the one that is lowest. It usually ends up lowest due to NPC orders using it up faster than it is produced.

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 14:04

Ever since 4.0 it isn't worth getting into wharfs or ship yards, except for when you want to wipe out races while still being able to utilize their ships.
It sinks trillions of credits to build and get blueprints (on top of many many hours of gametime), and gets you close to nothing. With 4.0 it will never pay itself. At least with 3.x you had some reason for it, as it would pay itself after a few in game weeks probably.
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

Return to “X4: Foundations”