Has stationbuilding changed ?.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Has stationbuilding changed ?.

Post by Dreez » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:11

Haven't played this game since 2019, other games took priority.
But when i played last, i ended with building a huge complex to secure the plating demand,
and despite providing my own resources and constantly having all demands met,
the entire complex took over 1 week of real time to build... a single module took over 20 minutes, the fastest one,
some modules took over an hour iirc.

So... now with Split vendetta and the Terran DLC released, i am very tempted in returning
for some serious spacegaming... but i'm not tempted sitting behind the screen for days,
watching my complexes taking place.

Has the time it takes to build stations been improved ?.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

JoeVN09
x4

Re: Has stationbuilding changed ?.

Post by JoeVN09 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:43

Not officially, but there are a handful of mods that reduce things like build times and pilot levelling time. Check the Nexus, Steam Workshop page, and Egosoft's very own Scripting and Modding forum. :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:08

Dreez wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 23:11

So... now with Split vendetta and the Terran DLC released, i am very tempted in returning
for some serious spacegaming... but i'm not tempted sitting behind the screen for days,
watching my complexes taking place.
Aren't you playing the wrong game because in the game I play, 90% of it is sitting behind the screen for days watching things take eons to happen :lol:

However, if that is the ONLY grindy thing you have an issue with, as the other poster said, there are quite a few mods that speed up module construction time. I think most I have seen speed it up by 10x.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 00:24

Yup, mods is your answer if you can't stand the building times. For me, they are okey. I'm never in a hurry playing the x games. Quite the contrary.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 02:08

There used to be a bug where modules would suddenly take hours to build. This has been fixed.

The default building times are still what they were, though. 1-2 minute for a connector, 15-25 minutes for a production module, etc.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 02:50

If you hire builder watch out for the build times. The builders are sometimes defective (having few builder drones) so they will build twice as slow as a "normal" non-defective builder which has all its builder drones.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 05:02

KopiG wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 02:50
If you hire builder watch out for the build times. The builders are sometimes defective (having few builder drones) so they will build twice as slow as a "normal" non-defective builder which has all its builder drones.
30 build drones is what you need to max build times.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 17:09

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 05:02

So... ehhh. How do you check how many drones a construction ship has?. Or can you buy your own and fill it with drones ?.
It's been 2 years since i played so i don't remember some details and some might have changed.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 17:13

Dreez wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 17:09
grapedog wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 05:02

So... ehhh. How do you check how many drones a construction ship has?. Or can you buy your own and fill it with drones ?.
It's been 2 years since i played so i don't remember some details and some might have changed.
You scan the CV. Or if you're high rep it shows you all the details but sadly not on the choose CV screen, which they should probably change.
But buying your own is the best. Building is also excellent for training engineers.

Return to “X4: Foundations”