How far does PHQ telefragging go?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

How far does PHQ telefragging go?

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 21:14

I had a thought.
You know how annoying Xenon shipyards/wharves are to kill. Why don't I just drop a beacon on it and teleport my HQ in?

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: How far does PHQ telefragging go?

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 21:22

It definitely works!

Source: not putting nav beacon far enough from MIN shipyard and wharf, and finding myself in war with them after teleportation and space full of cargo boxes where stations used to be. Battle Fortress: PHQ Edition. Having to stock up with nividim is getting harder though.

P.S: I’m being pacifist in this game so my PHQ is outfitted for manufacturing. Would be fun to build up battle fortress on one of other runs though.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 21:29

I mean you'll probably have many piers for L civilian ships. Docked ships teleport along.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 22:42

When I last checked there was meant to be logic to stop you from teleporting onto stations, forcefully displacing the HQ outside their plot.

If this is intentional then it probably is a valid strategy. That said it probably is cheaper to build 20 destroyers and just bulldoze everything without losses as apparently (based on what people have said, not at that stage yet) it is very expensive to teleport the HQ around.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 22:46

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 22:42
When I last checked there was meant to be logic to stop you from teleporting onto stations, forcefully displacing the HQ outside their plot.

If this is intentional then it probably is a valid strategy. That said it probably is cheaper to build 20 destroyers and just bulldoze everything without losses as apparently (based on what people have said, not at that stage yet) it is very expensive to teleport the HQ around.
It all depends on the player's "fleet/station composition" and whim... Truly someone who has already finished 1-2 Terraforming projects has all the infrastructure to quickly teleport it anywhere, while he/she might be a bit short (because of the Teleportation and Terraforming demands in resources) on ships...

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:18

There are places that don’t allow you to teleport and Boso will tell you there are immovable objects. You can’t for example teleport into the Torus. You can, for now at least, teleport into the Xenon Hub, which causes your game to crash (will be fixed in future update).

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 07:43

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 22:42

Perhaps. But I can think of at least 2 terraforming missions that requires you to teleport into a Xenon sector and probably clear it. It could save some time then.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 11:56

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 21:14
I had a thought.
You know how annoying Xenon shipyards/wharves are to kill. Why don't I just drop a beacon on it and teleport my HQ in?
You can do that, it just costs a ton of resources to charge up the PHQ mass teleportation system.

I would say its a good strategy as the opening move to assault Xenon space but you wouldn't want to be repeating it too often as much as anything because even if you have the production modules to replenish the resources you'd need a fleet of mineral and gas miners or massive amounts of storage to get out again or weaponize the PHQ.

Return to “X4: Foundations”