Asgard is borked

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

taztaz502
x4

Asgard is borked

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:15

they just sit at stations taking 2-3 hours to eventually kill them usually requiring you to teleport oos to finish them off because they repair faster than 3 asgards can do any damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TET7LNryWRg

(sorry about the music didn't realise they recorded background noise)

Link added too :oops:

solarie99
x4

Re: Asgard is borked

Post by solarie99 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:32

They work just fine in my game i have soon cleand out all Xenon space with 2 Asgard ships.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 01:04

It's luck based for me....
Sometimes they do nothing and you need to move them around a bit. (But that goes for other ships too)
Other times they do a silly swiping their nose left to right (towards the target) while firing.
And the worst is when they start: Firing once, then turn around, go all around the station, fire once again....rinse and repeat.
Quite silly. :D
3-4 star pilots on them

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:45

solarie99 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:32
They work just fine in my game i have soon cleand out all Xenon space with 2 Asgard ships.
I take it this is OOS or you're helping them.

I've killed about 30 stations in my game because terran vs xenon offer great cash incentives, maybe once or twice did my capital ships perform as i would expect for the first few modules, Once a few modules are dead my capital ships will sit there while the station repairs unless i got OOS in which case they'll finish off the station.

Getting them to fire their main weapons or get close enough for turrets very rarely happens, i could kill a station in a SYN before 20 asgard managed to kill one unless i personally flew them close enough for their turrets.

Just look at the video, we have very different definitions of "They work just fine"

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:45

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 01:04
Sometimes they do nothing and you need to move them around a bit. (But that goes for other ships too)
Other times they do a silly swiping their nose left to right (towards the target) while firing.
And the worst is when they start: Firing once, then turn around, go all around the station, fire once again....rinse and repeat.
3-4 star pilots on them
Same, mine are all 5* piloting, some have really high morale too but they all seem to perform the same.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 12:53

Something I noticed yesterday is that there is some weird behavior if you don't personally teleport out and back in due to wrecks, after a battle takes place.

I often seem to have wrecks or other objects "inside" my ships, or very close to them, that prevent them from moving about.

This seems to fix itself if you teleport out/in, or reload (the game probably is forced to rearrange them), but that's a very small part of the problem.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 13:40

Wrecks! I got a live enemy fighter inside Asgard. Twice. :headbang:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:03

Modify the ship and you get a monster of a ship that goes for most terran ships yes even Osaka kan become a monster. How i use the ships i fly them manually to point where i hit stations and they don't hit back and then i remove all commands. The ship will then sit there and shoot at target object. And every thing that come close. And yes i use a combination of OOS and also me being in sector, both works but being in the sector is more work and micromanage. Rarly do it work to just dropp a bunsh of ships at a sector and think they can do it all alone. "EVEN with 5 star pilots" they still the same AI and all. So you still need to pay atention to the situation.

PS: when you are OOS the game calculate damage vs damage +sheld vs shield and so on that is why modified ships will almost always win out the battle, As they have superrior shield and firepower speed and all. i cant stress enogh how mush diffrance this make in all things.

Hmm maby making a video series triks and tips videos are a thing to ponder about. :roll:
About stations and all as many seems to have trubble there also i think i have found the problem with TER stations and miners last night.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:13

solarie99 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:03
Modify the ship and you get a monster of a ship that goes for most terran ships yes even Osaka kan become a monster. How i use the ships i fly them manually to point where i hit stations and they don't hit back and then i remove all commands. The ship will then sit there and shoot at target object. And every thing that come close. And yes i use a combination of OOS and also me being in sector, both works but being in the sector is more work and micromanage. Rarly do it work to just dropp a bunsh of ships at a sector and think they can do it all alone. "EVEN with 5 star pilots" they still the same AI and all. So you still need to pay atention to the situation.

PS: when you are OOS the game calculate damage vs damage +sheld vs shield and so on that is why modified ships will almost always win out the battle, As they have superrior shield and firepower speed and all. i cant stress enogh how mush diffrance this make in all things.

Hmm maby making a video series triks and tips videos are a thing to ponder about. :roll:
About stations and all as many seems to have trubble there also i think i have found the problem with TER stations and miners last night.
If i manually fly an asgard i can destroy a station in 10-15 minutes, point of this thread is the AI is broken if i click an attack order for one of my ships it should attack the target rather than me fly all of my capital ships into place.

OOS is a different matter entirely, i want to see the combat.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:30

well as you say the AI is broken then not the ship as any ship will be destroyed in this term then, you should also state that it is te AI you have trubble with and not the ship. as the ship works just fine it is not a i win button ship just because it have the death ray beam.

And the stations dont repare faster then you damage them. they start build on moduls on the station sthat make it seems like they do repair faster. look in the overwiev and look into the stations you see they try and rebuild "parts" of the stations. not the entire station.
Last edited by solarie99 on Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:32

solarie99 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:30
well as you say the AI is broken then not the ship as any ship will be destroyed in this term then, you should also state that it is te AI you have trubble with and not the ship. as the ship works just fine it is not a i win button ship just because it have the death ray beam.
It is the ship though, stays 16km from station not doing anything, osaka and syn and other ships get close enough to shoot.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:34

taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:32
solarie99 wrote:
It is the ship though, stays 16km from station not doing anything, osaka and syn and other ships get close enough to shoot.
yes the MAIN battery have that rane not all the guns and the main battery is not ment to be the one and all wepon and teh AI wont utelize that alone, as it is programmed to be able to use all ships in the game. so it try and use it to the best of it programming. so again the AI is the problem NOT the ship.

And Bernt did mention it as being a ship ment to be a coomand ship "player" controlled ship in the heat of battle as it is so sturdy and hard to kill. asgard is a supperior ship when player use it but ppl need to understand that the AI treat it as just another combat ship and use it as such also and will sooner or later get it destroyed and just mess it up.
Last edited by solarie99 on Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:38

solarie99 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:34
taztaz502 wrote:
solarie99 wrote:
yes the MAIN battery have that rane not all the guns and the main battery is not ment to be the one and all wepon and teh AI wont utelize that alone, as it is programmed to be able to use all ships in the game. so it try and use it to the best of it programming. so again the AI is the problem NOT the ship.
:gruebel: The AI attached to the ship is the problem, thus the ship is part of the problem. Like i said other ships like osaka will get in range for it's main weapons to fire, Asgard gets in range of it's main beam and never fires any of it's weapons, incl main beam.

I don't get what you're not grasping here.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:39

taztaz502 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:38
solarie99 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:34
taztaz502 wrote:

:gruebel: The AI attached to the ship is the problem, thus the ship is part of the problem. Like i said other ships like osaka will get in range for it's main weapons to fire, Asgard gets in range of it's main beam and never fires any of it's weapons, incl main beam.

I don't get what you're not grasping here.
There is not 1 ai to every ship in the game there is 1 that controll them all.
about the main battery yes i understand what you say, and the ai do use it but not as much as we might want it to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEss8XoGw4s take a look the AI use the main gun.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:26

I use the Asgard as a well defended trader. No one messes with my trading ships. !!

:)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 14:19

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 01:04
3-4 star pilots on them
I've seen that myself during the 'Destroy Yaki Base' Mission for the Terrans, their flagship 'Spear of Odin' has difficulty getting into position to fire at the station.
One time it was firing the uber cannon outside it's range and the beam dissipated just as it was about to connect with the Yaki Wharf.
Other occasions it would act like a Drunken University Student in a public toilet and piss the beam up against the wall before moving it's beam towards the target module itself.
Yeah it does give the impression that the Asgard is a bit OCD sometimes on where it wants to fire?

Out of Sector it isn't a problem.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 14:43

This some weird behaviour too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnkTdRjrP1I

glad a K didn't show up and wipe them both out when they were wasting their shields. :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”