Problem taking control of the sector

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KaldorDraigo
x4

Problem taking control of the sector

Post by KaldorDraigo » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:09

Hiii pilot o7,

I am facing a major problem, and I have not been able to find a solution other than those we already know, destroying all the orbital defense platforms etc.
However, I have destroyed all the stations in the sector, I have installed no less than 6 defense platforms, and the sector is still contested.
I have explored more than 700km in diameter and no other platforms are there.

The screen of my situation : https://puu.sh/HwrpJ/12884fc0b7.jpg

Does anyone have an explanation why the sector is not under my control?

thanks in advance !

KextV8
x4

Re: Problem taking control of the sector

Post by KextV8 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:25

Does your stations have administration center? Without it they won't claim sector.

Are you running mods?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:35

At least one of your stations has an Admin Centre or the sector would not be shown as contested, but there must be at least one other Admin Centre or ship production facility of another faction somewhere in that sector that you just haven't found and removed yet.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:52

I've had similar issues several times and then discovered an enemy station way below (above) the sector plane. Usually I have a fast scout send on a spiderweb pattern to lift the FoW but that was not always enough as this search discloses only a small layer above and below the sector plane. In one case the enemy station was located slightly beyond the visual sector bounds.

So my recommendation: Send one scout on a waypoint chain along the visible sector bounds and two others on a spiderweb waypoint chain about 100Km above and below the sector plain.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

KaldorDraigo
x4

Post by KaldorDraigo » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:58

Thank you for your answers!

All my stations have an administrative center, I have already captured several neutral sectors, without any worries ^^ That's why I don't understand.

I use several mods indeed, but none of them to my knowledge change the system of taking control of the sector, even more since it is a basic sector and not added.

I had already tried to scoot the areas outside the visible field, without much success, I will try to enlarge the range of the scoot!

Thanks again!

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:38

use long range scan with ping (R button)
all unknown stations pop up with a white ?
you will need to do a few in different directions from north and south as well
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:52

There is a little trick you can use, an exploit that has been patched a while ago... kind of patched. It still works, but not as great as it used to.

Go to the map and try to create a new plot, but don't place it. While in that mode you should be able to see where other stations are located, although it only works in space that you've already uncovered. If the station you search is located outside your visible space, you won't see it.

Good luck!

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:54

Yeah, above mentioned method is the only reliable way to find out of sector admin stations.

Still works.

KaldorDraigo
x4

Post by KaldorDraigo » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 09:13

I scooted in a 500km radius around the center of the system with your technique, and I found nothing :(

http://puu.sh/HwHSa/9f0b8ece27.jpg

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 09:49

KaldorDraigo wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 09:13
I scooted in a 500km radius around the center of the system with your technique, and I found nothing :(

http://puu.sh/HwHSa/9f0b8ece27.jpg
Did you also scout up and down? Ships have only a 40km detection radius, so if something is like 100km up or down, you won't see it unless you check there too.

And did you try the thing I mentioned with the building plot trick? That should uncover everything there is, even up and down...

KaldorDraigo
x4

Post by KaldorDraigo » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:58

Yeah i've scoot, up and down with my BS, and try your tricks, but didn't find anything :/

Update: After X hour, the system has just passed under my control. And the RAPs didn't wait to try to build new stations ahahah

Thanks again for your help!

Fly safe !

Return to “X4: Foundations”