cant dock to geometric Owl

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

cant dock to geometric Owl

Post by palm911 » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:36

i cant, the ship is inside the hazardous region . how am i supposed to dock ? it is also a S ship, it has no docking pads either.

how can i fix this? thanks!
X gamer , one at a time.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: cant dock to geometric Owl

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:40

space suit repair it first than enter.
dangerous regions react to you velocity, the faster the deadlier.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:58

palm911 wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:36
i cant, the ship is inside the hazardous region . how am i supposed to dock ? it is also a S ship, it has no docking pads either.

It isn't, is just very close. You have to find the right angle to fly to it from. Make sure your shop isn't taking damage the hop out in your space suit and repair it with your hands laser then dock.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:40

Here is a save where the Geometric Owl is definitely inside the hazardous region:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BznFrg ... sp=sharing

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 16:35

jakotheshadows wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:40
Here is a save where the Geometric Owl is definitely inside the hazardous region:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BznFrg ... sp=sharing
Can you not just send in a marine to claim the ship if its in a hazardous region?

Think i got my geometric owl from an abandoned station, or maybe that was the first moryena i got i forgot.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 16:37

I tend to doubt it since you can typically only claim a ship if it is abandoned, I guess I'll try later though I have plenty of cobras with marines.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:40

Can confirm that claiming with a marine is not possible. This plot is unplayable for me.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:59

You have to approach in spacesuit, repair it, then board from your space suit...
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:23

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 00:59
You have to approach in spacesuit, repair it, then board from your space suit...
I welcome you to load that save and try it, and you will see the problem.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:27

When you go into the hazard region in a space suit Betty keeps saying "hull damage" but you don't actually receive any (at least in my game). The instruction that the owl needs repair shows up in your message board/mailbox (it took me a while to figure this out). If I was at my computer I would be happy to try that save for you.
-HAL 9000

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:55

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:27
When you go into the hazard region in a space suit Betty keeps saying "hull damage" but you don't actually receive any (at least in my game). The instruction that the owl needs repair shows up in your message board/mailbox (it took me a while to figure this out). If I was at my computer I would be happy to try that save for you.
Well, I will spoil the suspense for you and tell you that the moment you get anywhere near the owl in a spacesuit in my save it is instant death.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:58

Are you using any mods?
-HAL 9000

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:03

palm911 wrote:

Bump the ship towards the edge. Is better to use an M class ship as not only having more shield, has also the mass to do it with 2-3 passes.
Tried to do it with a Gladius and wasted 2 hours trying to push it. :lol:
Also very close to the ship some times there is a gap where you do not take damage.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:18

Panos wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:03
palm911 wrote:

Bump the ship towards the edge. Is better to use an M class ship as not only having more shield, has also the mass to do it with 2-3 passes.
Tried to do it with a Gladius and wasted 2 hours trying to push it. :lol:
Also very close to the ship some times there is a gap where you do not take damage.
I was able to do it with this workaround, so I will vouch for this tip and thank you for it. However, I still think the fact that the owl can initially spawn so deep into the hazardous region is definitely a bug unless they bring back tractor beams from X3 :lol:

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:19

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:58
Are you using any mods?
No.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:23

Initially I tried pushing it out with a behemoth with paranid shields for the mad recharge, and while that behemoth can totally just chill in there for an infinite amount of time, the owl just passes right through its geometry when you try to push with the behemoth. I switched to a cobra and was able to push it, but I had to go REALLY slow, (like 14 m/s) and use an asteroid behind me as a reference point to see that I was making any progress at all. It took a solid 30-45 minutes to push the owl out far enough to use a space suit using this method. It was not fun. This has to be a bug.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 07:55

See the dev reply from this thread :
izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
After you finished scanning the Nav Beacons and placed some inside the hazardous Zone, the ship will tell you "Target aquired" and fly in the direction of the Nav Beacon. The recognised Nav Beacon will have electric discharges and lose health.

If you got the objective to dock at the ship already, it should have left the hazardous region and be in safe space. You should be able to park in front of it (as it was flying out of the hazardous region) and be safe to space walk over.

If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:40

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 07:55
See the dev reply from this thread :
izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
After you finished scanning the Nav Beacons and placed some inside the hazardous Zone, the ship will tell you "Target aquired" and fly in the direction of the Nav Beacon. The recognised Nav Beacon will have electric discharges and lose health.

If you got the objective to dock at the ship already, it should have left the hazardous region and be in safe space. You should be able to park in front of it (as it was flying out of the hazardous region) and be safe to space walk over.

If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.
Yep, that is the bug I'm experiencing and I already posted my save earlier in the thread.

Sauerlandbub
x4

Post by Sauerlandbub » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 22:40

Thank you for tip, had to bump the owl out with an Odysseus too.

Yinepuhotep
x4

Post by Yinepuhotep » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:46

I'm having a similar problem, I think.
1. Can't dock.
2. Can't dock with spacesuit.
3. Can't find anything to repair, and ship shows 100%
4. Any attempt to bump it, from Nodan to Stork, passes through the geometry with a lot of shaking - and that is moving at 4-5 m/s

As of now, I've about given up on this mission, since there's no way to get into the ship, or to move it to a safe zone.

Return to “X4: Foundations”