If you move or change a station do you lose all the storage items?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

If you move or change a station do you lose all the storage items?

Post by jojorne » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 22:10

idk if I must empty the storage first or just change the station. Anyone knows?

oddible
x4

Re: If you move or change a station do you lose all the storage items?

Post by oddible » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 01:24

Prognosis not good. I don't think you can "move" a storage module without deconstructing it and rebuilding it, which loses all the wares. That said, I don't think that wares are assigned to individual storage module but the storage of the station is considered one volume. So, you could probably build the new storage module in the place that you want and then after it is build remove the old one and that would probably keep your wares because you'd always have enough storage on the station to cover what was stored.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 02:49

Yes, I believe the station wares are equally transfers across the station storage modules. Hacking into one of the modules just drops a random selection of items. I don’t know what happens if the station storage is overloaded, I think it just drops it. So I would empty it just as a precaution
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 03:17

Ah... Okay, thanks, I suspected as much. It's a shame, I gonna need to empty it. I'm loading blueprints/layouts from one station to another as I adjust the production with new modules, etc. The down side is that it usually destroy the whole station.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 09:24

I think all the wares inside a deconstructed storage module get ejected into space. I guess you can capture them all with enough L or M ships nearby.

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:14

I just rebuilt two stations, one I let run almost but not completely empty (an ore refinery) and the contents were completely lost. The other, a combined silicon/microchips factory with almost full storage spit its contents into space.

Maybe I should say that I build my factories with the "just in time" paradigm, meaning only very small storage space. Reconfigurations don't cost me much ...

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:51

L storages are small when you get to late game volumes. I have many stations with multiple L storages which they fully process in under an hour. It is all a matter of scale. I tried with a single L storage approach once, but it quickly runs into the issue that the station does not have enough storage volume to generate enough buy orders so that enough ships are in transit to the station to keep it working at full speed.

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:19

Oh, yeah, that was unclear from my side. I didn't mean the size S storages but 'small' storage as a relative size. Like, the other extreme, a single production unit and 3*M containers is not what I do. They shall sell, not stack :-)

I started that when I realized that a full storage might attract pesky pirates (is that so ?), and I found it helpful for rebuild as well, shorter times ... but I'm not advertizing the idea as particularly 'good' for the game.

And I haven't been in late game yet

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 4. Aug 22, 01:39

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 09:24
I think all the wares inside a deconstructed storage module get ejected into space. I guess you can capture them all with enough L or M ships nearby.
Game version 5.10:
- Moving or rebuilding will destroy any docked ships and will destroy all wares inside the storage unless there is room to move the products to another storage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”