I am very sad for the future of X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

humility925
x4

Re: I am very sad for the future of X4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:28

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 16:53
Just to be clear, we did not add a jumpdrive, for all the same reasons that have been explained numerous times.
Thank you answer but sad to new not plan to add option, so it's basic headquarters' jump drive, not personal ship and fleet's jump drive, oh well. It's gave me false hope.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:31

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 16:55
humility925 wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 16:49
Teladi CEO wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 14:44
They’ve even sorta added a jump drive.
I would be surprised as it's would be good new but what do you meant sort of and Where they said they offically add jump drive because I don't see anywhere they said they add jump drive back in game in series?
They added the ability to teleport your HQ around, no restrictions on where you jump it. So basically, your own personal death star if you wish. Even more OP than the original X3 jumpdrive.
I would not said it's overpower, because you are not pilot or driving in headquater, where x3 you personal jump drive to avoid game over screen or time travel reload, or save time to get where you need to go, or help you choice any type of ship even slow ship, not always choice fastest ship, unlike this game x4 you better offf in fastest ship becase it's gave you control where to flee and where to fight, while slow ship you are doomed, while jump drive removed that and bring balance to whole ship while game is much fun because less game over screen, less travel back to time reload.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:33

Nobody or thing is perfect.... :rant: :lol:

Thanks for save/reload and teleportation :roll:

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:50

EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:33

Sorry, I'm deaf, those video had no subtitles.

Save/reload was to hold game while busy in real life, not to kill immersion like reload to travel back in time, teleportation is kind of late game end, and might work if you are in large ship, may had time to use teleportation, while m5 or light fighter, you had no chance to use teleportation during fighting, like get up, and try to use teleportation door, while flying sitting duck, I prefer jump drive because not only make more immersion and more fun gameplay, but very efficient, no sane civilization would gave up useful technology, it's like today where world said we should not use car, train, aircraft and we would go back to horse and walking. Especially X2 and X3 was technology advanced more than x4 where you was not only had jump drive but not need live subject to pilot your ship but a.i, ect, I guess X-4 is dark age.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 18:37

humility925 wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:50
... not need live subject to pilot your ship but a.i, ect, I guess X-4 is dark age.
X2/X3 had pilots flying your (other) ships. They just did not have enough "technology" for you to meet and greet the pilots. :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 18:44

Here’s some pieces of lore and reasoning.
Spoiler
Show
The ancients closed the jump gate network for an unknown reason. Logically the Xenon had reached a tipping point and galactic extinction was inevitable. The various gate networks had been blurred, this lead to the near extinction of the Khaak and billions of human deaths. The jump drive was the reason for this. The ancients probably would deactivate it in some way or perhaps they don’t work with the new gate network. Remember the rebirth gate network is not the same as X4. Technologically the galaxy is probably on par with X3, of course it’s going to not be seen as much. Hundreds of systems are still missing and they had to piece society back together.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Cdaragorn
x4

Post by Cdaragorn » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 20:04

humility925 wrote:
EGO_Aut wrote:

I guess X-4 is dark age.
We all get that you're angry because a feature you liked has been removed. Please don't give in to insults to get what you want.
Removing the jump drive was a gameplay decision, not a lore decision. Many of us agree that being able to jump instantly anywhere you want is
ultimately detrimental to good gameplay. It is of course only an opinion so some won't agree. That's ok. We're sorry that you
don't find it as fun without that feature. There are features I wish were in the game that aren't.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 20:35

Cdaragorn wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 20:04
humility925 wrote:
EGO_Aut wrote:

I guess X-4 is dark age.
We all get that you're angry because a feature you liked has been removed. Please don't give in to insults to get what you want.
Removing the jump drive was a gameplay decision, not a lore decision. Many of us agree that being able to jump instantly anywhere you want is
ultimately detrimental to good gameplay. It is of course only an opinion so some won't agree. That's ok. We're sorry that you
don't find it as fun without that feature. There are features I wish were in the game that aren't.
I wouldn't want the old X3 jump drive back with the ability to jump anywhere. But I would want jump drives that are restricted to only jumping to jump modules built onto friendly stations, so no jumping behind enemy lines, or even easily plopping down a deployable jump beacon behind enemy lines. But this has been discussed to death, and I am unlikely to be able to change anybody's mind on this matter.

Kolohe
x4

Post by Kolohe » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 20:37

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 16:53
Just to be clear, we did not add a jumpdrive, for all the same reasons that have been explained numerous times.
The forums for many years now has had a jump drive. It enables one to jump to conclusions. :lol:

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 21:06

Cdaragorn wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 20:04
humility925 wrote:
EGO_Aut wrote:

I guess X-4 is dark age.
What make you think I'm angry, I was never angry, I'm just disappointed with very deep perception and no, I do not believe jump drive is detrimental to good gameplay but opposed, it's actually backfired for those who thought jump drive remove, because it's gave ship's fastest more overpower than slower ship, jump drive make and gave you choice what type ship even slowest a chance in fair game because speed gave you chance to flee or control battle while slow ship are stuck, had never had a chance to flee or control battle, is why jump drive don't care about fastest ship and gave fair game.

I do question why do they do not add that as option rather than removed it, even simple turn off and turn on in gameplay option to keep everyone happy way gameplay they enjoyed, some might enjoy new way, some might enjoy old way like older series, rather then forced people certain gameplay, especially most X series had feature like jump drive and that is feature removed by choice, not because of game engine, issues, especially it's been part most of x series, even first game series is all about jump drive and every faction want one in storyline.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 21:12

" .. even simple turn off and turn on in gameplay option to keep everyone happy .." Let's hope dev CBJ is looking elsewhere ... :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 21:19

Regarding the Jump Drive; in X3 TC, there was a dude, one of the moderators I believe, who recreated the game with faster ships but no jump drives. - My god, it sure transformed gameplay! I loved it. - Thing is, it really felt like a different game, felt bigger, and getting places fast was a challenge.

But there's nothing to stop another individual from adding it back to the game in the form of a mod. - Thing is, it is so fundamental to how the game is played, I imagine war/economy and everything in between would be impossible to balance if it were included as an option in the base game. - I think it was a huge positive step forward to remove it from ships, and I'd see it as a regressive step to reincorporate it. - But that's just because of how I play the game, and I appreciate there are significant numbers who feel differently. - That's why there are modders who offer different flavours of gameplay for different tastes.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 01:31

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 14:41
Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 13:24
From my perspective, I do appreciate that it's not designed for my specific needs, but an uncomfortable amalgam of everybody's wishes.
+1 :goner:
+1 :goner:

Also, modding engine ftw! Don't like something? Get a mod or mod it yourself!

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 02:04

I think what the OP is referring to is the build storage getting whacked by SCA/FAF/NPC AI crappy pilot and having all of your build items go up in smoke because of how the build storage is so weak to pirate attack. I have been caught quite a few times at my PHQ trying to build it up for research and SCA S class ship comes in and breaks it for a L ship to come and steal resources. Like when I have only a few small transports to clean up the mess before it all goes away.

I really wish items like that would stay in the world just a bit longer like three times as long so as to not lose a ton of stuff to being deleted by the garbage collector.

I really hope Egosoft doesn't let the bugs go that really need to be beaten like a dead horse like the massive memory leak in current beta and the map zoom selection issue.
Just a moment ago I could not control my ship a Gorgon Vanguard. It kept going in circles. Was able to control the S class fighter on the landing pad though. These kind of things
really add up the frustration level over time.

PaperDog

Post by PaperDog » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 16:46

Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 12:46
Why? I have been playing this for a few thousand hours, and seeing where EGOSOFT is going, it is making me very very very sad. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I wish we could talk to each other instead of putting it here on forum because I cannot express my feelings I build up during the playing of this game. I could give a few pointers though... :!:
- building a station + having a friendly elephant or so to build + drones that fly, enemies come by, shooting, at them, hitting some cargo and buildcargo, buildcargo explodes cargo drones turn red, seek shelter in elephant, we shoot at them anyhow, making another enemy in the proces, we miss that number of braincells, cargo floats around, NO FREAKING CARGO SHIP OF MINE would even use its brain to pick cargo up and place it back in buildcargo, no they send super slow drones to pick it up, and by the time they are back with the first box, the rest is gone, THAT HOW SMART THIS IS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
- building a station + having other factions deliver dimwitted energycells.... F**K man, I choke in ECELLS, I NEED BUILDING MATERIAL, and the station manager, I am not even going there... :x

Why do you make me cry, curse, get angry and all other emotions, while I just want to play a fun game???? :? :? :? :?:
Is this the new world we live in? to torment the hell out of your costumers? :?: :?: :?:

I can not tell you to start thinking, but this is really going the opposite direction of fun, reading that there still are people that 'still not feel to buy your game' because it misses so much. It does! :!: :!: :!:

and then some nerd comes here and points to me that I am doing it all wrong, DOES NOT REALLY HELP AT ALL!!!! :doh:

See? Angry, Mad, Sad, and very on the brink of leaving for good. (because of so much dumb things that are being developed, expanded, devised and implemented)
Start with giving the AI MORE BRAIN!!! and then keep stations full with personel, because how can I choose building a ship and provide enough personel, IF THERE ARE NO PEOPLE ON THE STATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See? again? Stupid things, fix this or you lose more fans..... I gave it three times a try, this was the last time I stood up for you, praised your work and all, but how this is developing, not seeing or hearing changes that needs really overhauling (FIXING) can make people cry, it does.
This was actually hilarious... :lol: But I feel ya... The AI is an epic fail
PaperDog

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 20:18

..... thanks for the bit of support and the not supportive reactions, like calling a person Nerd is not per se a bad thing, but, if you like, it is not violently meant.

I wonder why no one says anything about the personel on ships? If I need a ship, I can not get personel in it, ergo, the station I have built, has no people in the first place... So in my station with over 40 or 50 production, storage, habitat, docking, building etc modules, I can not get personel, and when I dock at a friendly station with 5 total modules, PLENTY OF PERSONEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, what am I not seeing here?????? You tell me.......... This saddens me deeply, and yes, I move away from your (EGOSOFT) attempt to please us with your brainy ideas, I can not see it.

Sorry, there he goes.................... Bye for now.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 20:53

I hope the best of luck to you for whatever your going through right now. Hopefully you return for 4.00 and we could have a talk about more optimistic things.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 21:05

Somebody interrupt me if I talk nonsense, but I see three options for getting crew for ships:

1.) You order them together with the ship, easy as pie. For now this has been no problem for me, there was always enough crew available (thousands).
2.) If you found the ship lying by the side of the road, you fly it to an equipment dock/shipyard/wharf and restock crew there.
3.) You walk around on the platforms and buy out the crew members you meet. If you have own stations with hab modules you just order them elsewhere. They're yours anyway.

... and one option for getting crew on a station (apart from the manager, which is ordered there personally):

1.) You buy a faction's hab module plan (expensive) and construct the hab module/s on each station. A hab module needs food of sorts and medical supplies. Station crew is then 'produced' automagically by the hab module/s you've constructed on that station until it reaches the limit you see in the Logical Overview dialogue.

hth, if not, describe the problem in more detail and good luck, pilot :-)
Last edited by BaronVerde on Sat, 23. Jan 21, 21:14, edited 4 times in total.

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 21:06

On stations you need lots of medical supplies and food rations or people disappear fast on player owned stations.
On my PHQ I had only a few of each and in a few cycles I suddenly had none either. I had to build 1 medical and one food ration
system for every large habitat.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 21:17

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 18:37
humility925 wrote:
... not need live subject to pilot your ship but a.i, ect, I guess X-4 is dark age.
X2/X3 had pilots flying your (other) ships. They just did not have enough "technology" for you to meet and greet the pilots. :P
The only ships with personnel (pilots) were the Autotraders. All other ships were piloted by their onboard AI (clearly stated in X3 TC).

Return to “X4: Foundations”