Factory using more energy cells than it says it is - Explained, extras used for ship construction.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dodgey
x4

Factory using more energy cells than it says it is - Explained, extras used for ship construction.

Post by Dodgey » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 23:14

Got a mega fab with 6 solar. Tooltip in Logical Overview says Production 68,000 consumption 37,300

And yet - it is always buying in stock and never going much above my manual buy amount limit.

I've put my entire fab in the web based station planner and it agrees the consumption should be met by 6 solar, and yet it isn't. 100% sunlight.

Any idea why? Not exactly critical but I'd like to understand.

Solflame
x4

Re: Factory using more energy cells than it says it is

Post by Solflame » Fri, 15. Jan 21, 23:55

Haven't done much with factories, but is it possible that it's selling the Energy Cells?

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 14:49

Nah - not allowed to and I keep an eye on it all - to the extent it's pretty much "X4 the factory sim" for me, or X4 Skylines. :-)

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 15:00

Aha! I think I know what it is.

The "consumption/hr" doesn't take into account ship building - which takes energy cells direct (has a line to S/M (and L) ship fabrication in the locical overview from the energy production box. It can't know / estimate that usages as it can't predict ship building demand.

So unlike most other mods which don't show any consumption/production stats if other production is unpredictable - the solar shows what it knows, and ignores random burst demand in the figures.

i.e. Helium storage will always show production/hr as blank as it doesn't know when and how much each miner will deliver.

easternsun

Re: Factory using more energy cells than it says it is - Explained, extras used for ship construction.

Post by easternsun » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 16:01

I wished they did a usage calculation for shipyards. I never know how much I need to supply.

Return to “X4: Foundations”