Why Can We Still Not Abort/Update Boarding???

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Why Can We Still Not Abort/Update Boarding???

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 20:30

Just give players the option to cancel/abort mission. It's not difficult lol.

If there are marines on board then they're automatically killed. It's a really simple request that is already in the game effectively.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 21:21

xant wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:20
That also means you can't change the pod launch parameters after you gave the command, as there is no way to delete the existing launch command.
Again, you can force the operation to fail by issuing a "remove all orders" command on your assault fleet.
So your statement that "there is no way to delete the command" is at least partly inaccurate.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 21:29

Then I don't know if it is the beta, but yesterday I had this exact problem and couldn't do anything about it. Deleting the command definitely didn't solve the problem.

All I saw was a greyed out button to cancel the whole thing, so I don't think it is wrong to ask for it to fulfill its function.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 18:16

zakaluka wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 21:21
xant wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:20
That also means you can't change the pod launch parameters after you gave the command, as there is no way to delete the existing launch command.
Again, you can force the operation to fail by issuing a "remove all orders" command on your assault fleet.
So your statement that "there is no way to delete the command" is at least partly inaccurate.
Tried removing all orders from all 3 of my ships that I owned, highlighted together. It didn't work.

christellehahn

Abort boarding

Post by christellehahn » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 07:32

Why on earth is it not possible to abort a boarding operation you start when you control the boarding ship yourself? :roll:

Falcrack
x4

Re: Abort boarding

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 15:05

I was wondering too, is there a way to abort a boarding op that has started? I have very little boarding experience, and noticed that once started, I could not find a way to cancel it.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 17:16

On my opinion they shot come up with a better boarding system in 5.0 maybe something similar to homeworld 2 Marine Frigates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD45b0shHPQ

it shot be way easy to manage group of marines to assault cap ships

edjc
x4

Post by edjc » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 17:38

I am new to X4 and X series in general but have been hooked on this game since the winter steam sale. I like the boarding feature of the game but there absolutely should be an abort command or better yet a way to warn off "allies". I save every time I start boarding because inevitably a faction ship will show up and start attacking the boarded ships. Having the ability to get my marines off in time or better yet being able to warn off my allies feels like it should be there.

I have had a couple of times where the boarding pods just circled the ship without boarding but always reloaded a save so I never was able to reproduce the OP's situation but I think a look at the mechanics and logic is warranted.

swatti
x4

Cancel a boarding op

Post by swatti » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 16:58

Workaround:

If you have the "destroy turrets" phase. Cancel orders from ship "boarding" and dock it elsewhere. Destroy the turrets. And leave. The target ship will turn hostile but eventually go back to its thing like nothing ever happened and the "mission" will fail after the turrets are destroyed.

<This post moved from a much older thread to this newer one. Alan Phipps>

Return to “X4: Foundations”