New Feature and Quality of Life suggestions for Devs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which of these features would you like to see added to X4?

Allow behavior changes of multiple ships at the same time rather than having to go to each individual ship to set it's default behavior.
12%
Allow setting the default turret behavior of multiple ships all at the same time rather than going to each individual ship and setting the default turret behavior
5%
Allow Copy and Paste of text to speed up renaming so you don't have to type everything all over again
8%
Allow multiple renaming of ships either through a UI update (select multiple ships, right click and select rename to change the name of all those ships to the inputted text) or other means
2%
All the Above
73%

Total votes: 93

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: New Feature and Quality of Life suggestions for Devs

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 16:57

I would not mind seeing RTS like elements added to issuing orders from the list. Similar to how you can order multiple ships to fly to a location by selecting them and ordering on map. When you select multiple ships and modify their behaviour it could indicate multiple ships are selected and then every change you make applies to them all. If there is an inconsistency with the orders between all selected ships then "different" or "various" shows up in the option list where the inconsistency is. Only if that aspect is changed would it be modified as best as possible for all ships. Setting default order could grey out options that 1 or more ships cannot choose with appropriate user information.

Hijack_Hornet

Post by Hijack_Hornet » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 09:40

hebrux wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 14:59
Dude I absolutely LOVE YOUR MOD!!!!
I can't play the game without it now! Love it! Thank you!
Thanks, that's good to hear :)
Here is a small video of it for anyone wondering what it is (click to open in youtube) :
https://img.youtube.com/vi/LOUMIngHxJQ/ ... efault.jpg

The idea being to be able to batch copy default orders to multiple ships not in the same fleet.

Available on Steam and Nexusmod
Last edited by CBJ on Tue, 25. Jan 22, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

jonesmz

Post by jonesmz » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 22:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:45
The mimic command does not work with *any* orders. Mimic is for default behaviours.
Which is pretty confusing, as last I checked, the UI gives no, or very poor, indication of this.

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 19:33

jonesmz wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 22:47
Alan Phipps wrote:
The mimic command does not work with *any* orders. Mimic is for default behaviours.
Which is pretty confusing, as last I checked, the UI gives no, or very poor, indication of this.
it doesn't and it's pretty annoying. Egosoft is getting better though but there's still work to be done

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 23:10

Just check the link in my sig, I've been wanting a template-based system for a while now. When the player has control over behaviours, everyone wins. When commands can scale, everyone wins. Egosoft made a huge step forward by changing one simple thing - allowing multiple ships to be equipped at a time. Massive time-saver by moving over to a more open system.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 23:50

I would not mind having a way to set default turret behavior by class. Freighters could be auto-set to defend, M corvettes and frigates set to attack all enemies or attack fighters or something. Also, mining turrets should also auto-default to mining.

I also really want to see a way to adjust turret behavior on stations. If I have L and M turrets, I don't want my L turrets firing at M ships normally, especially if there is an L or XL ship present.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 00:26

Hijack_Hornet wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:08
Over a year and an half i got the game and waited for this and still nothing. At that point its just a joke... :evil:
Why improve existing half-built systems when you can just add new half-built systems?

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 09:51

Alan Phipps wrote:
That sounds like you made it work. I've tried and failed to make 3 star traiders "repeat orders", "distribute wares" or "auto trade". What's the trick?

palentier
x3ap

Post by palentier » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 23:55

How did "Maintain Maximum Firing Distance" not make the list?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 11:17

palentier wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 23:55
How did "Maintain Maximum Firing Distance" not make the list?
It's a very old & necro'd list.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 11:20

Yes, this is out of date enough that I think we need to let it drop down the forum now. People can feel free to start new threads for their own suggestions, though I should point out that individual threads for specific suggestions, with relevant titles, are far more likely to get seen by developers than laundry lists of unrelated things.

Return to “X4: Foundations”