How about this for a change?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

How about this for a change?

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:05

Hi team,

I really do hope you see the next thing I am about to point out to you, as an improvement to the X4 Foundations game.

Building a station, I wish I could draw this out to you but now it is easy to build the upper half of a station, pointing components at each other and make things work. ONLY The bottom half of the area, I can't scroll, roll or zoom there to make precision adjustments... This is something we really need, as I am about to build my 80th station now, it depends on what I make of it. Order of building items should be adjusted, so I can build defense over other things and still everything fits right in place.
Also selecting would be a must, as we accidentally load a configuration, we have trouble deleting every single item, instead of selecting a part or all of it and delete it at once.
What we like to see for a change is the need and want, when building a defense station, the builder puts a defense component there, and over time maybe if the items are provided, it builds its own turrets and shield. This should either be a warning signal to the owner, me, to let me know that I either need a ship to bring the needed resources to finish the defense, or the builder should take this into his account.... As I am paying this builder to put a whole station there and not something half!

So, all together:
- more control over the build schematics
- more active responses to a build
- more active response about the needed resources or let these stations in the main map show that there are missing parts.

We all thank you very much indeed......
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How about this for a change?

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:42

This is a game suggestion and not a Tech Sp request so I'll move it to the main X4 gameplay forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 13:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:42
This is a game suggestion and not a Tech Sp request so I'll move it to the main X4 gameplay forum.
Mr.Killer wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:05
Building a station, I wish I could draw this out to you but now it is easy to build the upper half of a station, pointing components at each other and make things work. ONLY The bottom half of the area, I can't scroll, roll or zoom there to make precision adjustments... This is something we really need
I think the above quote (my bold) is probably related to a Technical Bug aswell ..

.. See this topic viewtopic.php?f=180&t=428226

Where it gets to a point that you literally get zoomed back out to half the 'depth' of the UI and can not zoom down there again

For a reproducer See this post viewtopic.php?p=4963574#p4963574 in the linked topic
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 22:24

Besides the fact or if it is a bug or not, it is clear that some things should be handled by the manager of a station.... Why else do we need them???

Please, let someone at EGOSOFT tell us that this is gonna change, no need for checking 100 stations all the time if there are enough miners and traders to do the heavy work, just once tell them to spend a percentage of their precious time sitting in their office..... (a long tedious pause here.......) doing brain wrecking things all the time.... (again, a long tedious pause where absolutely nothing happens as we watch the grass grow.....)
So in a nutshell, they - should - do - more - to - maintain - and - defend - our - stations.

Pfffft. is it that hard? so we can trade and find out where those creepy lame be-atches of the Fallen Families originate, they lack any military insight and attack the most vulnerable.... ass-monkeys.... :evil:

Well, I hope some of this will reach the staff, and hope they do something about it.... You wanted the best??? Well?, make it the best!!! 8)

Cheers....

Ps. I was not kidding about 100 stations, it is a hard thing to follow up on.... :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”