X4 VR

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Shine

Re: X4 VR

Post by Earth Shine » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 11:35

For those who were skeptical about the size of the VR market, Meta just announced that they have sold close to 20 million quest headsets, and that's just 1 brand of headset...

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 14:45

Earth Shine wrote:
Sun, 5. Mar 23, 11:35
For those who were skeptical about the size of the VR market, Meta just announced that they have sold close to 20 million quest headsets, and that's just 1 brand of headset...
These aren't the X4 crowd

If Egosoft develops X4 to PS5 then more likely we going to see VR on PC too.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:32

I would be perfectly ok with my VR set simply acting like a 3D monitor without any further adjustments. Sitting at my table and controlling the game with mouse/keyboard/HOTASs like I always would. Pretty much like IL2-Sturmovik. Is there good (free) software for that?
Cockpits!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 21:36

Panos wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 14:45
Earth Shine wrote:

Well I'm one of those 20 million. I have a few games that use VR, but I find I rarely if ever use my VR headset. It's mostly my kids who use the apps downloaded directly to the Quest 2 to play stuff like Job Simulator, if it gets used at all.

Still, I would very much appreciate a VR version of X4, as long as it is not a stripped down version of the game like I understand X Rebirth VR is.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 23:54

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 21:36
Panos wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 14:45
Earth Shine wrote:

Well I'm one of those 20 million. I have a few games that use VR, but I find I rarely if ever use my VR headset. It's mostly my kids who use the apps downloaded directly to the Quest 2 to play stuff like Job Simulator, if it gets used at all.

Still, I would very much appreciate a VR version of X4, as long as it is not a stripped down version of the game like I understand X Rebirth VR is.
True X4 could be a bigger hit in VR however Egosoft knows better if worth the investment to do it. If not, Egosoft is not a charity to throw millions losing money.

As for XR VR
These are the changes between the two versions

https://egosoft.com:8444/confluence/dis ... classic+XR

However, there is this mod which adds everything missing. Have a look all the discussion.

viewtopic.php?t=395702

Rambus
x4

Post by Rambus » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 17:14

I too would like to see a vr option added to the game, more so than adding online/multiplayer options.

Even if it's not full vr support with motion controls. Just switch the view port to make it capable for use with the VR headset and ms+k or controller. Head tracking is already partial implemented so not far to go with partial vr with just allowing the player to view the world in VR(no ui changes or control).

This would be a good feature to add for many.

EnderBeta
x4

Post by EnderBeta » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 17:21

I would enjoy a VR version of the game but the reasons stated for not focusing on VR make sense. I'll throw my name out there that I am interested in the feature but if I had to choose I would opt for compelling new features.

Like for instance full ship/station interiors, the ability to participate in the boarding of a ship and have the soldiers appear in the game graphically cutting into the ship and hacking the systems to take over it. I would also like to be able to land planet side and build on the planet. Maybe build geothermal planets in a volcanic world to refine metals or something.

I don't know what the devs have in store for us in the future but adding more features to the game right now seems ultimately more compelling then VR for vr's sake especially if they lost money with X3 Rebirth VR. Which by the way is on steam and it is awesome. If people want some X in VR go buy a copy of X3 Rebirth VR and help the company get that project in the black ink and then maybe they will think about another VR title.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 18:44

VR Rebirth would been good, but they gutted it too much, killing the original 'flavour' of the game. You even lost the lady companion you had which gave it a little life. I would not be impressed if they got rid of everything, especially NPCs in an X4 VR.

I think they should have not been so concerned about performance and released it anyway. Yes, I know, Fallout4 gets a lot of hate for it, but modders have caught up with (and the Tech) and it;s a pretty damn decent game now. I played it WAY too much during the covid craziness when no one could go out.

Perhaps it's best to wait for talented modders to do it. they seem to be able to do things a lot of Devs won't or can't due to cash concerns. Modders do it for the love more than cash. Both are important.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Dexatronn
x4

Post by Dexatronn » Tue, 8. Aug 23, 16:15

Hey Guy's I have Created a new "voice pack " for the game. I use it with my VR setup throu VD , here is a link to a video i recorded, tell me what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/mlDvyeexUVI it's still a work inprogress but for the most part it works quite well. :P

If anyone is intested in a copy...Drop me an Email and I'll send you a copy.

Return to “X4: Foundations”