[REQUEST] Uniforms for player ship crews

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sturmer

[REQUEST] Uniforms for player ship crews

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 23:53

I adore this game, but there is one thing that really bugs the hell out of me.

Hoodies. On. my. pride and joy's. bridge. And suits. Rumpled sweatpants. Yoga pants. Leisure wear. Etc.

They can do whatever they want in their spare time, they can wear whatever they want, they can even run around their staterooms naked or with underwear on their heads for all I care - it can even be soiled underwear as long as they clean up before reporting for duty, but when you're on my bridge you wear a freaking UNIFORM.

There, I got it off my chest.

The question now, Egosoft, is that possible?

To give military ship crews some kind of naval uniforms, fighter pilots get overalls or one-piece suits or pressure suits and helmets like MiG-21 pilots used to wear or like in the TV show Space 2063, all marines etc.?

Cause just now a hoodie left my Odysseus' bridge (one of the most gloriously beautiful places in this game) and I sorely wished there was functionality so I could kick him in the ass (brings back fond memories of Warband Napoleonic Wars).

Kintanar
x4

Re: [REQUEST] Uniforms for player ship crews

Post by Kintanar » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 02:03

I adhere to this!

I hate when the captain of my carrier pilot it wearing leggins!

I want my captains looks like captains, my fighter pilots as pilots whit helmet and flight suit, my marines as marines, not like skaters in the park!

I can hire them for their skills wearing what they want, but when hired, i would like to change their cloth to something adequate for their roll.

I didnt played with a teladi, because their space suit... they are naked! And that is a bit disturbing, how can they stay alive in the vacuum of the space... naked?!!!

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 02:36

Think it's coming soon, must be the clothing mod player stats mention.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 03:17

pref wrote:
Tue, 2. Jun 20, 02:36
the clothing mod player stats mention.
Can you give more information on that, please? :)

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 04:05

Sturmer wrote:
Tue, 2. Jun 20, 03:17
pref wrote:
the clothing mod player stats mention.
Can you give more information on that, please? :)
Go to the player information panel in-game, then go to the Stats tab at the bottom of the list, you will see your stats for that save, then again go to the bottom of the stats, and there is one called "Clothing mods installed", that means that at some point changing the clothing (of the player or crew?) was or still is planned.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 08:15

pref wrote:
Think it's coming soon, must be the clothing mod player stats mention.
Don't keep your hopes high - there are plenty of leftover assets across the entire X-game series that have been left never finished - e.g. Xenon TL ships in X2.

Single entry left in iformation menu might be just as well a leftover that someone forgot to delete.

However faction uniforms (with factions decals on the arm) is a top thing on my list of "the thing that is useless, but I really want".

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 08:34

+1
This is not a lot of work, and it's a good change.
I would love this kind of feature.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 09:07

We already got fleet wide ship skins, so hopefully we can get fleet wide uniforms too. Its frankly annoying having to go to shipyards to slowly hunt down the people you want.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 10:06

I agree with this thread.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 11:04

Best trick I found was buy marines and then change them over to service crew.

Active wear captain... you can stay.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 13:33

+1
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

celiac

Post by celiac » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 14:31

I concur with the suggestion for crew uniforms. there needsto be some discipline on the Bridge.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 14:46

celiac wrote:
Tue, 2. Jun 20, 14:31
I concur with the suggestion for crew uniforms. there needsto be some discipline on the Bridge.
They do have uniforms, the Argons anyway. The problem is that its always the boring one.

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 21:47

werewolves? wrote:
Tue, 2. Jun 20, 11:04
Best trick I found was buy marines and then change them over to service crew.

Active wear captain... you can stay.
Indeed, i do the same

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 23:39

There's a mod for this. It posts a recruiter in the Argon sector either on the shipyard or the warf depending on where the game spawns the Argon rep. Go to the mgr's office and talk to the best looking girl in there. You got options to hire pilots, mgr, crew, or marines. Another addon mod will change the marines armor to black. Used in combo with the recorver npc mod you can have a crew in the dark OD green coverall uniform, marines on the bridge of your cap ship in white or black armor, and the civys in the other crap walking around your stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”