My Progress After 1000+ Hours

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bozar69
x4

My Progress After 1000+ Hours

Post by Bozar69 » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 20:29

So after realizing how much of an undertaking getting Xtreme Trader rank is, I'm curious how my trade empire stacks up against other players. Since this is a sandbox I've decided to try to play things without exploiting game mechanics for easy credits. So no mass building and selling ships to empires to exploit their infinite credits or Nvidium shenanigans. I've also only played this one save with no mods.

https://i.imgur.com/vMvkOFc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BdE6HNS.jpg

I have a dozen large shipyards in various systems and the infrastructure to keep them supplied without having to buy anything from any of the other factions. Right now I've closed all but 1 of my shipyards to the other factions just because their building was getting out of hand. I was going to wait before I went into a full war with a faction in hopes that some improvements would be made to the diplomacy system and politics in general but the Teladi have been getting in my way lately. Id like to fight HOP more because they seem stronger but If I were to completely destroy them and eliminate the conflict they cause it would destroy the economy. The Teladi seem to be generally useless.

Anyway its a sandbox so I'm interested to see how everyone else decided to play it.
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 2. Jun 20, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Sordinco
x4

Re: My Progress After 1000+ Hours

Post by Sordinco » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 07:20

Currently I only have two self-sustaining docks, I do not trade as there are many pirates attacking trade ships. I would really like to finish the game conquering the entire universe. but I want to unify the paranids and destroy the ZYAs first. I'm going for 184 hours of play. I mostly got everything by attacking and building stations and with miners but not nividium, some drug factories and claitronics. if he sold many boats that is a problem.

It is really difficult in 3.2 to get the stars on the drivers. But I found the solution by training the pilots with the Kaha'ak or defending xenon gates. maybe I'll trade some. Before it was easier to get stars for pilots.

game without any mod. only to attack and without exploiting miners the game only the necessary ones. teach me to play !!!

Last edited by Sordinco on Wed, 3. Jun 20, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

grapedog
x4

Re: My Progress After 1000+ Hours

Post by grapedog » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 11:34

This is at around 720 hours, unmodded, though I haven't played it much for the last 10 hours or so, just logging in to send my venture ships off once a day or so. I think my biggest mistake was essentially wiping the Xenon off the map myself(though HOP took care of their Xenon in the south). With the Xenon wiped out, a LOT of my shipbuilding business dried up as it was really only the HOP posing a threat to anyone. I've spent about the last 200+ hours without Xenon and it's been a bit boring, lol. I ended up unifying PAR and HOP anyhow afterwards just because I was running out of Oxygen during the PAR mission, and got auto-defaulted to the unification mission. I also fractured the Split even further by siding with the Curbs. I'm not sure which is better for making money, but I feel like siding with ZYA and creating a larger faction for them, would be better money wise for the player, so they can really push into some other sectors. Conflict drives sales!

This is also after I sold off about 700 or 800 warships that were just kind of lingering around. They had been used as gate guards to many of the different Xenon sectors, but with them gone I decided to test things out like selling to the NPC's, or if I could reduce save/load times. I also scuttled about 5 or 6 decent sized stations, trying to figure out how best to do that process. It's still a messy process, but I've got a pretty good idea of how to do it with maximum efficiency now.

Return to “X4: Foundations”