Workforce Speed Recruitment Bonus Idea

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Workforce Speed Recruitment Bonus Idea

Post by grapedog » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 10:14

I'd love to see a small bonus to workforce recruitment if you're building habitats for the same race as the sector you've built in. So if I build a teladi station in a teladi owned sector, and use teladi habitats... there should be a small bonus to how quickly you can recruit teladi workers. The opposite is true, if you're building say an argon station in teladi space and using argon habs, there is a small negative to workforce recruiting speed, unless you're say within like 2 sectors of an argon controlled area.

And for those who like to build large complexes, it would also help reduce a little of the time it takes to fully staff a station. I've had some large stations that require 20k plus workers to maximize production, and it takes an eon to actually recruit that many workers. By building a station with habitats that match the sector owners race, you should be able to more easily recruit workers because it's close to their home. So it would encourage builders to employ the local workers as opposed to dragging in workers from an outside area. It would also make having habitats of the various races a good idea, as opposed to just obtaining 1 race style and always using that and never investing the time or money to get more.

Scott C.
x4

Re: Workforce Speed Recruitment Bonus Idea

Post by Scott C. » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 16:53

Cool idea..... to help with the recruitin as is now though, throw down a hab early in the construction order so the eon it takes to recruit coincides with the eon it takes to build.
Cheers,
Scott

Return to “X4: Foundations”