Is there another Argon Shipyard?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: Is there another Argon Shipyard?

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 23:47

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 19:23
A lot of what you are reporting will be fixed with 2.60 in a week or so when it hits live. Simply by updating to 2.60 all shipyards will be given a temporary injection of resources to mass produce ships. Then after the better economic engine will assure they are reasonably well stocked. The NPC factions have a lot of new freighters which main purpose is to deliver the necessary wares for the shipyard and warf.
I'll try the beta as mentioned. It will be interesting to see what effect that has - an injection of resources will be fine for now to build my Magnetar but if it is because there's no manager then they will run out again if there are no trade offers, there's no shortage of supply at the moment and no other ships in the build queue.

There is probably much more in the patch so I will try the beta and report back if a manager and/or trade offers reappear!
RodentofDoom wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 14:57
Antigone Memorial has the ANT faction Argon Shipyard
Excellent, I'll take a wander over there, think my rep is 10 with ANT

I don't have the credits to build my own SY/Wharf yet, especially since the AP Shipyard stopped buying smart chips and hull parts from me, but when I do you'll see another topic from me asking where/how to do it! :roll:
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 02:44

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 23:47
but if it is because there's no manager then
This is not an issue starting with 2.60 as NPC stations are automatically given managers after some time as a fail safe to prevent this from happening.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 05:46

Moved to 2.6B2

Manager appeared after a couple of minutes and there are now trade offers showing, although, it'll be a while until I can sell my stockpile of resources as they got given a load of free product!

guess you can call that fixed.

Liking the new information in the station logical overview. Still looks like I'll need a 3840x1080 display to get rid of the horizontal scroll though.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 14:15

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 23:47
RodentofDoom wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 14:57
Antigone Memorial has the ANT faction Argon Shipyard
Excellent, I'll take a wander over there, think my rep is 10 with ANT

I don't have the credits to build my own SY/Wharf yet, especially since the AP Shipyard stopped buying smart chips and hull parts from me, but when I do you'll see another topic from me asking where/how to do it! :roll:
Quick tip for you for later
Don't build an Equipment Dock (Maintenance Modules only) they are not cost effective

Place an Admin Centre in Silent Witness or Nopilios Fortune (to claim a sector) then build the docking/ship-building parts afterwards
The minimum budget for a Wharf/Shipyard is ~25m per L Container Storage module attached
Build a Wharf (s/m Fabrication + Maintenance)
Build a Shipyard (l/xl Fabrication + Maintenance)

Blue Print (return on investment)
Paranid (either faction) - Best
Teladi (either faction) - Worst
This may change when the Split arrive with 3.0 + DLC

Return to “X4: Foundations”