Any plans for Emergency Teleport?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Any plans for Emergency Teleport?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:14

Now that research is allegedly being expanded, I've been wondering if we will get this? Just something to zip you out to the HQ (for instance) if your ship dies. It seems like a logical step forward, removing the last hurdle to X4 being a game that doesn't force reloading on asset loss and lets you take on risky roles in combat without having to worry that, if you lose one small fighter for instance, you'll have to reload your entire fleet battle. Plus, ironically, it actually makes dying more of a penalty since you could actually lose your ship instead of the seconds you spend watching the load screen.
***modified***

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: Any plans for Emergency Teleport?

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:26

Let me link the german discussion, which was quite involved: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=418136
One main point was the immersionbreaking look at the loading screen for several minutes, because reloading is not that immersive.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:47

Yeah, I have the same issue with it... loadscreen totally takes me out of the game, makes it like that movie with Tom Cruise fighting aliens. Except even he didn't get a loadscreen. :D

Actually, I like the idea of the escape pod too, since they already exist in the game and everything... but, I really just thought that was more likely to be a bug-ridden mess than a teleport.
***modified***

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 12:17

This really would be quite a boon to the game - would be super to see in 3.0 or maybe soon after. Makes the game feel more real and marks it nicer to try more dangerous and engaging mass fighter gameplay with consequences that feel more meaningful than "oops time to load a quicksave".

Seeing as a mod does it very nicely I doubt it's high on their priority list for now, though.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 18:06

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:14
Now that research is allegedly being expanded, I've been wondering if we will get this? Just something to zip you out to the HQ (for instance) if your ship dies. It seems like a logical step forward, removing the last hurdle to X4 being a game that doesn't force reloading on asset loss and lets you take on risky roles in combat without having to worry that, if you lose one small fighter for instance, you'll have to reload your entire fleet battle.
Yep this should be done imo. Its just an obvious feature to add to the research.
LameFox wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:14
Plus, ironically, it actually makes dying more of a penalty since you could actually lose your ship instead of the seconds you spend watching the load screen.
Couldnt agree more - in fact this is the main reason I want to see this kind of thing added. I made a thread ages ago about this kind of thing, there was quite a lot of discussion about it there.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:08

It is near impossible to die currently anyway. One usually has to get unlucky with some Torpedoes or Missiles to die. Most deaths I have had were from game bugs like the main plot selecting the wrong ship and destroying mine instead of the sacrificial one.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:16

Excellent idea! One of the devs commented a bit on this “survey” on reddit and this idea is voted somewhat high there. Hopefully we can get this idea enough attention to make it a priority for them! Even just testing, tweaking, and importing the mod seems fine. Whatever gets us this feature in vanilla soon!
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... _wishlist/
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 05:33

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:08
It is near impossible to die currently anyway. One usually has to get unlucky with some Torpedoes or Missiles to die. Most deaths I have had were from game bugs like the main plot selecting the wrong ship and destroying mine instead of the sacrificial one.
As it stands my deaths are generally bugs, followed by really bad luck (in small ships). It's the latter I'd like to address just because it kinda puts me off flying them in messy situations despite that it's one of the most fun times to do it.

Well, that, and I'm kinda hoping the ineptitude of the AI that currently protects us is only temporary and not a planned state of the game.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”