Unofficial Officlal 2.6 "Is it here yet" thread - It's on Public Beta!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aviticus_dragon
x4

Re: Unofficial Officlal 2.6 "Is it here yet" thread - It's on Public Beta!

Post by aviticus_dragon » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 14:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:34
Can someone post a screenshot of 8M dock added by 2.60 beta?
It's in the encyclopedia in 2.6 though, so if you buy it you can see what it looks like.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 14:57

Beta 2 of 2.60 is now available.

aviticus_dragon
x4

Post by aviticus_dragon » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:25

Played 2.6 over the weekend and things are turning in a great direction.

Fleet formations - working! Awesome to see fleets flying together and fighting in formation. Also if you change a formation, the ships respond, and immediately start to change to that formation.

Xenon - Not sure yet whether the Xenon are getting overrun. Xenon have taken over Company Regard and pushed into Ianaums Zura IV placing down defense stations. However, they were pushed back, and now Teladi are pushing into Matrix #451. Paranid have taken over Faulty Logic I and pushing into Faulty Logic III. Xenon were also pushed out of Hatikvah's Choice as well.

Personally I would like to see more chaos from the Xenon/Khaak, and larger fleets sent on a real assault instead of minor raiding parties here and there. I like the idea of a dangerous universe. Also there should be lots more pirate activity going around. I should have to protect my traders, but how it is now, I just send them out alone and most of the time they are safe.

2.6 is a good step in the right direction though so far.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 13:24

It's getting close to the need for an Unofficial 3.0 "is it here yet" thread. I'm aware it's destined for the fourth quarter (starts a week today,) and I think it's only right we should be apoplectic a week into the fourth quarter when it hasn't dropped. (I realise it'll be probably in the weeks running up to Christmas it and the Split Vendetta are released.

My wish for it is to have some of the denizens wandering about on stations offer missions when we talk to them. - Little steps towards making the 'inert' elements a little more interactive.

My technical wish is to see the 'around the station stutters' eliminated, as these destroy immersion for me.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 16:37

aviticus_dragon wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:25
Also there should be lots more pirate activity going around.
Yes, those unclaimed sectors where pirates usually set up shop should be brimming with pirates and really dangerous to travel through. It would also make you think twice about simply building a defenseless station in an unclaimed sector and take the sector as your own. If you want to take an unclaimed sector, you'll need to clear out the pirates and make it safe first.

BUT, and this is a big but, Jennifer Lopez size:

Egosoft must fix the locked SCA relations first, otherwise it will just make things even more cheaty than it already is. If unclaimed sectors were brimming with pirates, then it will just be a huge buffet for picking up free ships with zero consequence. If you drive pirates out of a sector by force, or grab away at their ships, they should actually get pissed off and hit you back.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 17:10

I really miss X3 pirate alleys and xenon alleys.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 17:27

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 17:10
Yes man, so much yes when I had to get a kestrel to go through those without problems, fun times
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

lock

Post by lock » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 04:41

I am using the latest Beta, and my quasars will not go into formations when I am in the lead ship...has this been taken out as all I get is just the arrow symbol and nothing else shows like it had in the regular version.
"Just the facts..leave the rest for the others to wonder about"

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 09:44

Eta on 2.6 final?
mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 17:10
Many times yes! There was such a great feeling of unease/excitement!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 10:21

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 09:44
Eta on 2.6 final?
It's reached beta 4 phase, but the Teladi still haven't been given buttholes which seems to have caused a bit of a blockage. :|
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 11:45

Oh come on 2.6! I’m getting impatient :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”