Been away but back now. Where is everything?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Re: Been away but back now. Where is everything?

Post by pref » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 14:17

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 08:35
Greetings all.

I'm afraid I've been away for a long time now, writing novels instead of game guides.

I've had a fan point out how good X4 is, and since I was one who never went to Rebirth, I'm only just starting to look at X4. The intro vid I watched did make it look like the X4 I was wanting a long time ago.

So I went looking for the walk-throughs and the game guides. And couldn't find any. I found a wiki link, but it only displays blank pages.

So where are all the guides?

Btw. Hello all the old timers who are still here. I still have AP loaded, and go in there periodically. But I've not done any serious game playing now for years. Currently writing novel 27. :D
Welcome back!

There is one aspect imo which is really much better then X3 and that is station building. Finally there is a designer, worth a shot if you are into those that kind of activity.
Have 2 threads somewhere buried here with some pics, worth a look to see what you can do with that compared to X3s station builder in case it's of any interest.

Fleet and trade management seriously lacks mods to be enjoyable for me (or that was the case at least when i last played). I'm also waiting for 3.0/DLC, but there are some nice screenshot possibilities here :D

Guides just as the variety of mods are not like in X3 - hope in time... but this game does not provide that sense of progression that kept people play in long term - which could be a good thing if it had anything to replace it with.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 15:17

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 14:11
Did they nerf making credits from crystals?

I've been in 5 stations now, and none of the traders are interested in them. Where do you sell crystals?

A notation in the why I hated devnet log: I know a lot of people wanted to walk around stations. But this interface is so clumsy and it gets so old so fast, why oh why couldn't they have also left the com the trader direct method of trading?

The whole get out of your seat and fall out the side of the ship because you missed the damn door, and then run around the damned station bashing into every person and wall because the interface is so damned clumsy, was old after the first station. I get why we need to land, but why do we have to get out of the stupid ship?

<Gripe over>
you sell crystals to traders, go to the elevator and go to the trader and talk to the guy there

To be clear you mean crystals you shoot at on asteroids? or nvidium?

nvidium is only bought on trading stations and its not infinite, when they are all full its over
they dont get used on anything so they never go away
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 15:33

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 15:17
you sell crystals to traders, go to the elevator and go to the trader and talk to the guy there

nvidium is only bought on trading stations and its not infinite, when they are all full its over
I only ever find 1 trader in the building with the shopping trolley over it.

Elevator? Never seen a trader available from an elevator. Do you mean the transporter?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:01

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 15:33
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 15:17

I only ever find 1 trader in the building with the shopping trolley over it.

Elevator? Never seen a trader available from an elevator. Do you mean the transporter?
yes transporter, when you go to one in a station select trader and when it teleports you go right , there is a guy that you can sell stuff too
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:05

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:01
yes transporter, when you go to one in a station select trader and when it teleports you go right , there is a guy that you can sell stuff too
Crystals are NEVER on their list. :(

7th or 8th station now, sold plenty of stuff picked up, but no-one wants crystals.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:21

Ok, I freely admit I'm too old for this shit.

The Crystals were there if you SCROLLED DOWN FFS!

:oops:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:22

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:05
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:01
Crystals are NEVER on their list. :(

7th or 8th station now, sold plenty of stuff picked up, but no-one wants crystals.
That's odd, I've never had a problem selling crystals to traders, as long as there is any in my inventory.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:30

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:22
That's odd, I've never had a problem selling crystals to traders, as long as there is any in my inventory.
Read my last post and try not to laugh.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:31

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:21

:lol:

at least we got you to buy the game :twisted:

hope its not a total disappointment, when you learn all the "tricks" it will get better

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 01:30

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 16:21

I have done so many stupid things, I think of them as a learning experience. :mrgreen: :roll:
apricotslice wrote:
Sat, 22. Jun 19, 13:36
I think I'm going back to my Reunion strategy. Stuff all of it and just go explore. Pick the rest up as I go.

At least the new joystick works.
What kind did you replace the old one with?
Exploration is one great aspect of the game that is sadly overlooked by many. I think they don't have the time or patience for it, but there is so much to find and observe. The sector sizes are not fixed and there are things outside.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 03:51

surferx wrote:
Mon, 24. Jun 19, 01:30
The T16000.

I'm thinking of getting the speed slider as well, since the slider on the joystick isn't used by the default configuration in the game.

I used to use the original Thrustmaster combination back in the day, so maybe time to upgrade back there again.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 04:28

apricotslice wrote:
Mon, 24. Jun 19, 03:51
surferx wrote:
The T16000.

I'm thinking of getting the speed slider as well, since the slider on the joystick isn't used by the default configuration in the game.

I used to use the original Thrustmaster combination back in the day, so maybe time to upgrade back there again.
The T16000M with the TWCS throttle is what I use for X4, X:Rebirth, Elite, Star Citizen etc. It works great, for a good price. I could never figure out how to get the TWCS throttle to work with X3, so I only ever used the joystick plus mouse and keyboard for that game.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 00:35

apricotslice wrote:
Mon, 24. Jun 19, 03:51
surferx wrote:
The T16000.

It wasn't hard to configure the slider on my T16000 to work in X4 . Even so for docking or any slow speed maneuvers I still use Z-X.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 03:15

I found how to add the slider in.

Anyone know where the files are for shields and shield regeneration? I notice there is a mod around which changes them, but I cant find the files. (Also dont want the whole mod, and a not on the place the mods are being stored.)

If someone can point me to the files, I should be fine.

Last 2 times I tried to take on a Xenon patrol, got my arse handed to me. Now I see why. No shield regeneration, because they put a 10 second delay in which means if you get constantly hit, your shields never get any chance to recharge. That has to be changed.

But I cant find where those values are.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 07:21

Just as a matter of interest....

Why are most of the mods on Nexus, which is a paid member site? Have things actually changed to people here actually being willing to pay for something? :o Never thought I'd see the day.

Where are the ship configuration files?

Edit: Found the shield files via a mod not on Nexusmods.

But still no sign of the actual ships, or anything to do with the ships like the models.

X3 had the objects and types folders. Where the flock are these in X4?

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 09:30

For the record, NexusMods does not require you to pay for anything. Source: Been a free member for the past 7 years.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 11:43

nexus is not a pay site you just have to register, dont know the files names for weapons and shields but I downloaded FOCW by Blackrain in the mods section of this forum and edited his files, its very easy, you can delete the rest

the shield regeneration has been buffed and its way better then before, if you go against xenons use a pulsar and strafe a lot, the best ship is the nemesis anyway and strafing is your best friend, especially against Ks and there L turrets

and build the HQ then do all the research so you can modify all the equipment on your ship for extra % on all the characteristics

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 12:08

Fulgrymm wrote:
Tue, 25. Jun 19, 09:30
For the record, NexusMods does not require you to pay for anything. Source: Been a free member for the past 7 years.
It's asking for money when I try to register. I did not see any free option.
Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jun 19, 11:43
nexus is not a pay site you just have to register, dont know the files names for weapons and shields but I downloaded FOCW by Blackrain in the mods section of this forum and edited his files, its very easy, you can delete the rest

the shield regeneration has been buffed and its way better then before, if you go against xenons use a pulsar and strafe a lot, the best ship is the nemesis anyway and strafing is your best friend, especially against Ks and there L turrets

and build the HQ then do all the research so you can modify all the equipment on your ship for extra % on all the characteristics
I have an HQ in mass pieces so far. No idea how to even get a manger for it, let alone how to do research.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 12:37

build a dock on it and then dock, comm one of your crew members and choose work somewhere alse, pick HQ and on the right panel pick manager, confirm wait a little an thats it

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 13:05

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jun 19, 12:37
build a dock on it and then dock, comm one of your crew members and choose work somewhere alse, pick HQ and on the right panel pick manager, confirm wait a little an thats it
Like wtf?

How is anyone supposed to know you need to build a dock on it? The mission should say that. I tried docking and it just said docking not available or somesuch. Why not have a step in the plot which says build a damn dock? Sheesh!

No crew members so far. Seen no-one but lowly engineering people with no smarts at all. Where do you find someone suitable for being a manager?

Return to “X4: Foundations”