Did the Captain on my Odysseus just die?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Did the Captain on my Odysseus just die?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 21:40

Hey all,

So, I was sat in my Falcon in space near my Odysseus. I'm pondering my next capture target when up pops "1 inactive mission(s)" in the lower left panel. Wondering what this might be - I should have NO missions at all - I go to the Missions panel and see that my Odysseus has just had an "Acquire Captain" mission added!

I return to the ship, dock and going to the Bridge sees that I indeed have no Captain on duty any more. What might cause this?

To be clear, I left the Odysseus with a Captain on board, flew a short distance in the Falcon and was sat there in space when the message popped up.

Any ideas?

Note: I know I can work around this by using "promote best" but that's sorta not the point.

To be clear, I've lost a three Star Captain I've had train up from nothing...he's vanished from the Crew list it seems.

Edit: the game has become broken for me...EVERY save I load now instantly kills the Captain of the Odysseus and I get the mission pop up. What is going on?

Scoob.

Mantrae
x4

Re: Did the Captain on my Odysseus just die?

Post by Mantrae » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:33

Got the same minor issue with station manager. Twice. Three days ago (IRL). Then nothing.
Well, I hav'nt shut down both my computer and X4 till three days, that could explain why I don't get the issue anymore... :gruebel:
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:36

Might be related to the captain changing states when a player tries to control the ship.

For example if one is in sector and assigns a captain to a ship, the mission, and hence captain, will only work if one waits a while for the captain actor to walk to the control console. If one teleports away during this time the ship will still have no captain and not be able to move until the player comes back into sector near it and waits a while.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:43

The Captain was in control when I left the ship, the mission prompting me to assign a captain appeared after I'd been parked outside the ship in the Falcon for a few minutes.

Regardless, the game appears to have glitched out totally, as even loading two earlier saves saw the Captain GONE, when he most certainly had been there at the time of saving.

Additionally, I noticed that all my Filters had reset upon reloading. So, the wares I had selected and the various other options had all reset to default. Dunno if that's possibly linked or not.

I've since assigned a new (rubbish) Captain, and have tested saving and reloading and all appears fine. So, I cannot explain it nor re-create it.

Scoob.

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:45

@ Imperial : Does'nt explain why I got two station manager vanishing as Scoob's captain.
Cause you can't sit anywhere in stations.
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 12:05

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 22:43
The Captain was in control when I left the ship, the mission prompting me to assign a captain appeared after I'd been parked outside the ship in the Falcon for a few minutes.

Regardless, the game appears to have glitched out totally, as even loading two earlier saves saw the Captain GONE, when he most certainly had been there at the time of saving.

Additionally, I noticed that all my Filters had reset upon reloading. So, the wares I had selected and the various other options had all reset to default. Dunno if that's possibly linked or not.

I've since assigned a new (rubbish) Captain, and have tested saving and reloading and all appears fine. So, I cannot explain it nor re-create it.

Scoob.
post the save if itsvannila on the bug forum
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 14:38

Not vanilla any more, not on this particular game at least.

Also, with the original Captain just gone, not sure what a save might show that'd be useful. I went through the entire ships 47 crew and he simply wasn't there any more. I wonder if he simply jumped ship to one of my other craft? lol.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations”