Global Orders (Specifically Sector bans and Encounter Logic)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ramokthan
x4

Global Orders (Specifically Sector bans and Encounter Logic)

Post by Ramokthan » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 20:21

I recently (around 4 hour IG time ago) set up a sector and faction ban list to keep y traders out of the xenon sectors where they try to supply the defense stations of teladi/argon whatever and get blown up there of course.

They seem to ignore the setor bans completely... even though i banned travel AND activities in those sectors.

Additionally i set up the response to encounters to FLEE, and if they get shot once they start fighting instead of fleeing... and of couse this stupid trader things get blown up.

Anything to do here? or live with the fact they are too stupid to follow their orders and keep building ship which run into their doom regardless of settings.

photomankc

Re: Global Orders (Specifically Sector bans and Encounter Logic)

Post by photomankc » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 20:36

For blacklists edit them and check that the black list is applied as default for the class of ship you want civilian/military. It’s above the sector list. Otherwise you would have to set it on each and every ship.

“Flee” is not a great option from my experience. If they try to run and the pirate catches up they can’t run anymore. They can’t get to travel speed. So they more or less have to fight. Most of my mercury ships could handle a fighter or maybe two but eventually a Minotaur would catch up and kill them.

I have them set to drop cargo. Even a few hundred thousand is less expensive than my top-end transports. I also have them notify me. If the pirate is in a kestrel or discoverer then I’ll tell em to run or just engage. They can handle a scout even if it does catch up.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 22:10

Of course they can handle a sscout... but i am talking about xenon sectors here... not filthy pirates..

they are obliterated by at least 2-3 M ships if they dont flee right away. And most of the time the warp gate is very close... so they would have a very good chance to escape.

But apart from that if i catch them in a fight and they are still alive i cant even rescue them by ordering to fly out of that sector directly. because they will always queue an attack command before my move command repetively even if i delete that command.

And ofc are the sector bans globally applied... and the ships show it that they will use the global setting, but they obviously dont give a **** about it.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 23:03

I have not experienced that. They obey the blacklists for me.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 23:04

Ships only pay attention to blacklists for newly planned orders. If your ships already got a buy and/or sell order planned in or through a blacklisted sector, they are going to execute them first.

For most players, reporting issues with this functionality, this was the problem. :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 00:08

So ur telling me my ships had their current order in their queue for 4 hours already?

Since i already told i was observing this for 4 hours after i created the blacklists, being fully aware that that maybe only affects new orders.

Ok maybe i didnt communicate it clrea enough, but i don't think there was any old trade queue left after 4 hours of observation.

Dunno, am i the only one who gets this weird behaviours? :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations”