Mobile Mining Base?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Re: Mobile Mining Base?

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 18:34

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 31. May 19, 16:32
spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 31. May 19, 14:46
I've always wanted to see the Xenon have their own 'Mobile Factories' that mine for basic resources and convert what they mine into Small & Medium Xenon Ships. They'd be like the CPU ships of Xenon Lore.

Of course you could have an Argon/Paranid/Teladi/Split/Boron alternative like the above to have smaller ships provide ore/silicon/gas etc. for it and medium transporters to deliver what it produces to stations (Obviously doesn't compare in storage size and production rate) to a Station, but it would be cool if you were starting off as a production mogul to own one of these.
Yes, I was actually thinking that this would fit the Xenon well, as would (potentially) allowing their ships to be refineries or even able to build fighters for example. The Xenon lack the infrastructure of the Races, so this makes a degree of sense.

It's that early-game aspect that appeals to me. There's the element of mobile base, which is cool, plus the fact that it's gathering the most basic of materials that the universe needs.

Scoob.

Even the Kha'ak would greatly benefit from having an XL ship that uses it's Forager Class Ships to gather resources for the Hive production needs. It needs to be able to build it's Kha'ak Installations rather than them spawning in-game (Or rather not being a genuine threat).

Xenon would still need shipyards to build their larger ships, but mobile factories makes it harder to pin down the Xenon, when you think you've wiped them out? They start to manifest somewhere else?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 18:50

Both a Mobile Mining Base and a Mobile Trade Station, with XL-class dedicated ships with a lot of cargo space and the ability to 'set up shop' in any sector and start mining/trading, probably with special scripts for their subordinates, is something I am very interested in as well.

I'm already thinking about how to make the Mobile Trade Stations a reality, I am closer to that one thanks to the mods I already released.
But Mobile Mining Bases are on my wishlist next !

As for anyone who doubts how useful MMBs would be, it all depends on the cargo capacity of the Base Ship. If it is large enough, it will be more efficient to set up the Base in the middle of the resource field, fill up fast since the mining ships around have no travel time, and sell everything at once with the slow but cargo-filled Base.
Unless I can make the Base act as a factory to process every raw resource as well, and in that case you can just use traders to sell the Base's production, then it doesn't even have to move unless you want to relocate to a new sector.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 06:21

Adding stuff is great BUT....I would rather Egosoft actual finish what’s in the base game right now before adding anything else.

Patch 2.5 and we are STILL not able to use L size mining ships ourselves. Egosoft has not finished this part of the game and other parts so I would much rather they finished what’s been missing since the games release.

The game would be much better if the base game itself was finished. Adding cool new features is great and of course I welcome that openly but every time I see parts of the game that are not finished (half a year after initial release) THAT irritates the hell outta me.

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 10:43

you are a very patient man if you like sitting in a very slow L miner and hunt asteroids :lol:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 13:42

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 10:43
you are a very patient man if you like sitting in a very slow L miner and hunt asteroids :lol:
+1000 :lol:

What's the point of AI pilots if we can't give them the horribly boring jobs ? :D
Piloting a L miner and sending drones to mine is NOT on my bucket-list...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 14:48

I think ES will for sure evolve the game, filling in the many obvious blanks in gameplay and I look forward to that "ultimate" game version in a couple of years. However, it's rather nice to have fun now so bring on the mods! :)

I love the whole Mobile Mining Base > Mobile Refinery > Mobile Factory series of super capital ships idea. There are a lot of possibilities here for very different gameplay options.

Scoob.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 15:29

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 14:48
I think ES will for sure evolve the game, filling in the many obvious blanks in gameplay and I look forward to that "ultimate" game version in a couple of years. However, it's rather nice to have fun now so bring on the mods! :)

I love the whole Mobile Mining Base > Mobile Refinery > Mobile Factory series of super capital ships idea. There are a lot of possibilities here for very different gameplay options.

Scoob.
Yes apsolutly, especially his idea for a complete overhaul so all the traders are mules
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:18

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 15:29
Yes apsolutly, especially his idea for a complete overhaul so all the traders are mules

I am definitely still trying to create my Muliverse, and Mobile Trade Stations and Mobile Mining Bases, or even Mobile Factories, with dedicated Mules for each, are just 'small' steps towards that far-away goal.
Other steps include reworking all trade jobs of the AI to use specially-made Mules, make AIs build one Trade Station in each cluster, give Mobile Trade Stations and a dedicated AI routine to Teladis, Antigonians and Hatikvah, and so on.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:34

If you want an idea maybe a cluster of stations that trade with each other by cargo drones only, like a space city

factions make mobile minig bases near asteroid fields and mules transport raw materials to the cluster city with all tech making modules and then those stations via cargo drones fill component factories and shipyards/wharfs

lots of empty space but can be filled with encounters so its dangerous

yea maybe I need to learn to mod :lol:

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:52

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:34
If you want an idea maybe a cluster of stations that trade with each other by cargo drones only
I tried that already ! :D
Supposedly stations that are very close to each other can trade through 'mass traffic' of drones and very-small civilian crafts.
I tried to use it by building my stations close and with a very small plot, then expanding the plots, my stations were almost touching each other, and no luck.
I tried fiddling with the scripts that generate mass-traffic, and that got me nowhere as well.

But I still hope to find a bright idea to make it possible :gruebel:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 18:02

there was a thread about that, cant find it now but it a script issuse and there are much limitations to when it starts

it does work but not reliably, changing that script would solve it all I think

the user Imperial Good has written all about that by looking at the script, so if he sees this he will help as he is Good :)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 19:05

LegionOfOne wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 18:50
Both a Mobile Mining Base and a Mobile Trade Station, with XL-class dedicated ships with a lot of cargo space and the ability to 'set up shop' in any sector and start mining/trading, probably with special scripts for their subordinates, is something I am very interested in as well.

I'm already thinking about how to make the Mobile Trade Stations a reality, I am closer to that one thanks to the mods I already released.
+1
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 19:29

MMBS TL's are there in X3TC and i fully utilize them with full complement of small ships for mining :P

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:04

LegionOfOne wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:52
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:34
If you want an idea maybe a cluster of stations that trade with each other by cargo drones only
I tried that already ! :D
Supposedly stations that are very close to each other can trade through 'mass traffic' of drones and very-small civilian crafts.
I tried to use it by building my stations close and with a very small plot, then expanding the plots, my stations were almost touching each other, and no luck.
I tried fiddling with the scripts that generate mass-traffic, and that got me nowhere as well.

But I still hope to find a bright idea to make it possible :gruebel:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=415857&p=4861782#p4861782

here is that thread and what script concerns cargo drones exchange

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 02:30

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:04
here is that thread and what script concerns cargo drones exchange
Now that I released the Mules 4.0, I have my sights firmly on MTS, then MMB, then I'll take a look at these drones.

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 04:02

LegionOfOne wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 18:50

As for anyone who doubts how useful MMBs would be, it all depends on the cargo capacity of the Base Ship. If it is large enough, it will be more efficient to set up the Base in the middle of the resource field, fill up fast since the mining ships around have no travel time, and sell everything at once with the slow but cargo-filled Base.
Unless I can make the Base act as a factory to process every raw resource as well, and in that case you can just use traders to sell the Base's production, then it doesn't even have to move unless you want to relocate to a new sector.
+1

In any regards I do miss TL-class ship. anything with a substantial amount of cargo. I'm deploying L-class mining ships for my stations and they seem to fill up rather quickly. I get the impression the ratio of product to cargo size was altered in comparison to former X games. Before, having the MMB and 20 subordinates would net you a very nice income, now hauling a L-class cargo full of ore to a bigger (player owned) station seems like a drip in the sea for ore processing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”