Any consideration for VR capability in the future?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Any consideration for VR capability in the future?

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 22. May 19, 16:33

Ok, now before I get jumped on, I`m not saying VR now, as lots still needs to be done with X4.

However, I ran Elite just to get a feel of space flying in VR and WOW! Talk about feeling like you`re indeep airless space and the rush of warping somewhere. After only 30 minutes like that I took my goggles off and am like, "I`m still on Earth??"

Now I actually prefer X4 over Elite becuase it has a ton of good ideas that Elite fails on... Space legs. Space walking - I can only imagine how scary that would be in VR, etc.

Anyway, just asking if the Devs have any future plans for a VR adaptation of this game?

There would also need to be a GOG version if possible.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Any consideration for VR capability in the future?

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 22. May 19, 19:21

I think X4 VR is more or less sure, but it's just a matter of how much time till then.
They started X-R VR after long time of pathing and releasing 2 DLC.

I think that for now we shouldn't expect VR before 2 planned DLC (and probably one more if we want to cover Split, Boron and Terran from X3 race set), so not sooner than 2 years.

Socratatus
x4

Re: Any consideration for VR capability in the future?

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 22. May 19, 21:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 19:21
I think X4 VR is more or less sure, but it's just a matter of how much time till then.
They started X-R VR after long time of pathing and releasing 2 DLC.

I think that for now we shouldn't expect VR before 2 planned DLC (and probably one more if we want to cover Split, Boron and Terran from X3 race set), so not sooner than 2 years.
Makes sense... Be nice to hear a confirm from the Devs though.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Return to “X4: Foundations”