Chill time: B2.50b4 Fleet Resupply.. I just dont think its right

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Chill time: B2.50b4 Fleet Resupply.. I just dont think its right

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 16. May 19, 17:13

Hey,

Been a while since I touched X4, sometimes you just need to pull away and cool down a little ROFL. So I tried the resupply again, and tbh I am not happy, I am seeing it as pointless and dull and not really helpful.

Why?

Firstly, we cannot assign any ship to it to be a subordinate to have it supply our supplier to supply our ships with missiles/torpedoes. So we would have to wait for some fool to come sell random stuff that the supplier wants and not what I want it to have, therefore wasting space on stuff that is never going to be used.
Secondly I set one of my traders near it with parts that I want it to buy with jump gates maxed and sell at 0 so it would sell in that sector.. nothing again... So I then had to wait a good 15mins on SETA for the slow ass thing to go to my HQ and manually select what I want it to hold, missile components / smart missiles and ecells. As all I want this thing to do is repair and supply missiles. After all that, it could resupply over 55 cluster missiles for sure, and non of the ships at 0 cluster missiles restocked.

It can "repair" which that in its self is not consistent as I had one ship at well under 50% hull for a few hours and another ship that recently got damaged under 50% hull which went to get repaired, yet the other nothing at all. I had another ship with just a scratch and it went to get repaired.. So I donno

But if you fancy chilling out a while / distracted from the usual irl crap with some random destruction vs the PAR, drop by and share your thoughts on my ideas / suggestions / rants on the fleet reNOsupply ROFL

Still enjoy the game tho
Chillax a mo with me

gorgofdoom
x4

Re: Chill time: B2.50b4 Fleet Resupply.. I just dont think its right

Post by gorgofdoom » Mon, 20. May 19, 06:39

I agree. the resupply ships are basically useless. Especially considering that you have to manually order restocking and repairing for every single ship. I have 150 fighters.

I have found that docking M class transport ships to it, and just leaving them docked with repair mats in storage, effectively increases it's repair/rearm capabilities a LOT considering they have 1/6 of the storage capacity of the resupply ship. You can dock 50 of them at any time, i think.

Its kind of a moot point though cuz i have to pause the game for 20-30 minutes just to order my ships to rearm. it takes considerably less time to resupply at a station imo.

If i might make a suggestion for the devs; the current solution for rearming ships is a mess.

I would recommend a standing order that

1: defines where they can repair/rearm
-friendly stations? allied stations? local resupply ships? perhaps a specific station/ ship.

2: define the template to which the ship/s will resupply

currently, i have no way to easily check what a ship will buy when they auto-resupply.
it would be intuitive to have ships assigned to a wing to all have the same loadout.

3: define when they will resupply
-% of consumables remaining INCLUDING DRONES

-ship health remaining
could be a floating number depending on the crew's capability to repair on M class ships and above.
defined percentages would also be nice to have. I am picky and like to have my whole fleet at 100% before i pick a fight with the Xenon.

-crew remaining on ship

i am imagining that crew losses during combat will eventually be a thing.

4: where the finances come from for resupplying
- for ships assigned to friendly stations with services, this is moot. However, i would like to be able to define which account funds my ships.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One other thing i would like to see on the topic of resupplying-- a right-click repair resupply order that doesn't open the ship-design menu, and would result in the ship conforming to a template.

lordmuck
x4

Re: Chill time: B2.50b4 Fleet Resupply.. I just dont think its right

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 20. May 19, 10:30

A few of the things you mention I had also said a while ago too before the XL ships came out while rearming manually, to remember what it had equipped previously and how many of what be it missile/sats etc and repurchase them.

We also need to say at X% go get your ammo(after you kill the thing that is trying to kill you and not give your ass to the enemy to get shot on the way to restock coz you are too dumb to turn around) .

Running out of ammo during a battle even tho the ship may have 2 other lasers, kills the damage output incredibly. I dont want to be pestered with "I am out of ammo" This should never be the case if the pilots rearm as we need automatically. I just hope they listen coz right now its pointless to use, these slow things totally need a subordinate, and we need to say where the subordinate can pick up stuff from, or the XL ship where that can pick stuff up from. Or where the ships auto-resupply from too be it our station, XL ship, NPC station. These XL ships as they can also rearm other stuff like drones, yet the drone components take up space from example missile restocking is another reason why these XL ships need some sort of profile which we can say / tick box "this ship is to supply : missiles / drones / sats / probes. We select the things we want it to look after and the ships know which XL ship is doing what.

Currently 1 XL ship cannot feed a fleet of ships that use a mix of missiles and torpedoes before they run out of supplies and we need to spend 30 mins swearing at the AI and its slowness to get sh*t done.

But that is my opinion.. I am sure others are praising the whole thing

Return to “X4: Foundations”