Anyone hit xtreme ranks yet? - Fight progress improvement in a future build.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karmaticdamage
x4

Anyone hit xtreme ranks yet? - Fight progress improvement in a future build.

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 00:04

I thought getting xtreme trade and fight rank was difficult and time consuming in X3. In X4 it seems to be impossible to reach. I've killed twice over the number of ships needed to achieve xtreme fight rank in X3, but haven't even gotten to rank 16 for the colonel achievement. I can destroy the entire game world and still not get close. At this point I have considered parking a pulse/beam destroyer in front of the khaak hive in matrix #451 over night. In my latest playthrough I am trying to hold back from burning everything to the ground long enough to get these achievements, Its hard not to conquer. Anyone else get close or actually achieve one of these ranks?

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Anyone hit xtreme ranks yet?

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 00:20

I recall in X2, BBS mission salaries were influenced by the Trade/Fight ranks. Thus the stronger you were in those departments, the better pay you've got (in theory, I never actually got that far in X2). However, I don't think this is the case in X4.

Thus comes my question, does it really matter? Or is it just for the achievement?

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 02:15

Not Yet but the pay on missions have increased in increments overall. over 2100 hours in vanilla.

Advanced Mogul in trade and Marksman in combat
Last edited by Jean Pagette on Sat, 27. Apr 19, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 03:21

Mission pay is based on faction rank for some missions. Capping out at 30 reputation.

According to steam achievements no one has achieved "Combat Pro" (Achieve fight rank Colonel.) let alone "X-Treme Fighter" (Achieve fight rank X-TREME.).

Plenty of people have achieved "Captain of Industry" (Achieve trade rank Entrepreneur.) but no one has achieved "X-Treme Trader" (Achieve trade rank X-TREME.).

I am in the 99.8 percentile for X4 steam achievements, missing only those 3. The ones mentioned as "no one has obtained" above are all listed with 0% of all players accurate to 1 decimal place. It is possible 1 person has obtained these but so few have that it is at least below 1 in 2,000 purchases.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 13:57

I've never gotten the flight school achievement in any X game. I don't even know how. It is the most common achievement, yet I have no idea how to even find the flight school.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 15:49

martimus wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 13:57
I've never gotten the flight school achievement in any X game. I don't even know how. It is the most common achievement, yet I have no idea how to even find the flight school.
Press H, then select number 2 for flight school

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 16:20

Thanks. I was starting to grab achievements while i'm waiting for some stations to build.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 27. May 20, 21:36

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 03:21
Mission pay is based on faction rank for some missions. Capping out at 30 reputation.

According to steam achievements no one has achieved "Combat Pro" (Achieve fight rank Colonel.) let alone "X-Treme Fighter" (Achieve fight rank X-TREME.).

Plenty of people have achieved "Captain of Industry" (Achieve trade rank Entrepreneur.) but no one has achieved "X-Treme Trader" (Achieve trade rank X-TREME.).

I am in the 99.8 percentile for X4 steam achievements, missing only those 3. The ones mentioned as "no one has obtained" above are all listed with 0% of all players accurate to 1 decimal place. It is possible 1 person has obtained these but so few have that it is at least below 1 in 2,000 purchases.
Like you I have every achievement, including the new split and story achievements, but neither of the combat or the final trade achievement. It’s a shame they are so unachievable. I’ve seen a few people with them, but with less than 200 hours playtime I can only assume they modded/cheated.

Oh well, bring on the next DLC.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 27. May 20, 22:48

There is no way for the player to gain enough fight rank even for the first achievement personally, either the numbers have to change massively or fleet and OOS kills have to count towards this limit.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 27. May 20, 22:53

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 22:48
There is no way for the player to gain enough fight rank even for the first achievement personally, either the numbers have to change massively or fleet and OOS kills have to count towards this limit.
Fleet/OOS don’t even count???

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 27. May 20, 23:11

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 03:21

TBH I don't think there is a way to achieve the X-Treme Trader with the current pilot experience levelling... No joke... I mean it...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 28. May 20, 00:04

Extreme trader should be possible. My estimations put it at roughly 10,000 hours or more of semi-manned attention spewing out ships at maximum production rate.

Extreme combat I do not really think is possible. It would need fully manned attention for 100,000s of hours camping shipyards and warfs. Since the player cannot feed them materials when enemy the process would be limited by the incompetent AI feeding that ship production. Maybe farming spawned in SCA destroyers would be the fastest with 100% capital ship coverage and killer player controlled L or XL ships at every gate.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 28. May 20, 00:48

Do these ranks reset on every playthrough, or are they carried over?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 28. May 20, 02:37

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 00:48
Reset as far as I am aware :( .

mattig89ch

Post by mattig89ch » Thu, 28. May 20, 03:50

I just reached the maximum rep with the Argon Federation. Not sure what to do with this yet, but its there.
[center][ external image ][/center]

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 28. May 20, 06:33

80 billion in credits, 94 bill net worth, trade rank 22...

Though not too long ago i sold about 700 combat ships i was no longer using, wish i took a look at my networth before i did that.

Maybe buying expensive ships in bulk, and selling them back, will boost trade value perhaps? Would drain out a lot of resources from the game too i imagine building so many ships and then just sending em off to never never land.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 28. May 20, 09:17

mattig89ch wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 03:50
I just reached the maximum rep with the Argon Federation. Not sure what to do with this yet, but its there.
Anything above 20 is good because it allows you to loose some rep because of something, without actually diminishing your relation... Basically "license to cap"!!!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 28. May 20, 09:26

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 00:04
Extreme trader should be possible. My estimations put it at roughly 10,000 hours or more of semi-manned attention spewing out ships at maximum production rate.
And WHO will sit over the shipyard for 5,000 hours (or more) after playing some (at least) 300 hours to reach that stage? Let's be realistic and please let's put some realistic targets.
Imperial Good wrote:
Extreme combat I do not really think is possible. It would need fully manned attention for 100,000s of hours camping shipyards and warfs. Since the player cannot feed them materials when enemy the process would be limited by the incompetent AI feeding that ship production. Maybe farming spawned in SCA destroyers would be the fastest with 100% capital ship coverage and killer player controlled L or XL ships at every gate.
Generally speaking a "hard core" X Universe player CAN spend 100,000 hours fighting and caping ships, what they can't do is sit even for 10% of that in front of a map (the way the game is going).

General conclusion: Either water WAY down the ranking system or (even better) abolish micromanagement so that traders can trade automatically, miners can mine automatically and players can enjoy thousands of hours in that beautiful Universe you have created

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 28. May 20, 10:05

Imperial Good wrote:

Yes, extreme trader would be possible, but many hours and so much building the save/load time would be crazy.
Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 00:48
Reset.
mattig89ch wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 03:50
A lot easier than the xtreme ranks :p
grapedog wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 06:33
80 billion in credits, 94 bill net worth, trade rank 22...

Though not too long ago i sold about 700 combat ships i was no longer using, wish i took a look at my networth before i did that.

Maybe buying expensive ships in bulk, and selling them back, will boost trade value perhaps? Would drain out a lot of resources from the game too i imagine building so many ships and then just sending em off to never never land.
Building stations is one of the quickest methods along with earning a large sum of cash.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 28. May 20, 11:38

Poking some people here in the office to take a look at it ;)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Return to “X4: Foundations”