A couple of Issues I am Seeing.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lone_Wolf_3115

A couple of Issues I am Seeing.

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 01:52

The Two things I want to ask about are Command: "Formation", and Command Orders: "Formation"; and Reputations Quirks I see.

When I Started this game, Eventually I got to where I Found the Command to Join Ships In Formation with the one I was Flying... Only Problem was, They NEVER Followed That Command. I Could get them to "Follow", my ship, I could get them to "Scout" a Given Area, to "Fight under Remote Command To fight", but They Never came into Combat "Formation" as the Command Suggested they should. (I would like them Abreast as 1 Option Offered)
However, I see not That Formation Command Is gone... Has it Been Removed because it is Not Working, and Therefore Removed until it Gets Fixed???

I Also see some things I think may be problems with Reputations throughout the game.
I have Most Races at or around +15 to +28 now, and as I Fly around Scouting/Fighting, I run into ships of Every Race that are more often than not, -5... Ok, I can understand they are on the Verge of Becoming Pirates, and after they Demand my Cargo, and I refuse to drop it, they Change, most of the Time To Scale Plate Label.
However, with these races at or around +15 to +28, I VERY Often Run into one of them that Is RED, and at a -25 or so, When I meet them in space, Before They Scan me and Demand anything... WHY???

r4tch3t
x4

Re: A couple of Issues I am Seeing.

Post by r4tch3t » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 02:19

By any chance are those ships marauders? If so they are pirates with fake faction info. You need to scan them or wait until they turn back into an SCA ship which (I'm fairly sure) you can destroy.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 03:08

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 01:52
I don't know the answers to your questions, but it's really hard to read with seemingly random capitalization.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 10:16

r4tch3t wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 02:19
By any chance are those ships marauders? If so they are pirates with fake faction info. You need to scan them or wait until they turn back into an SCA ship which (I'm fairly sure) you can destroy.
Could be, I don't know. After I Click a couple of times, and the name does not change, I just go elsewhere... (instead of Ticking off the Race??)

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 10:18

graphicboy wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 03:08
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
I don't know the answers to your questions, but it's really hard to read with seemingly random capitalization.
I usually Capitalize for Accent. As this is a Game Discussion Forum, if you can't, or don't want to answer the questions being asked, it might be Better to Not Turn this into a Typing Tutorial!!!

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 13:31

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 10:18
graphicboy wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 03:08
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
I usually Capitalize for Accent. As this is a Game Discussion Forum, if you can't, or don't want to answer the questions being asked, it might be Better to Not Turn this into a Typing Tutorial!!!
You're 3 posts in, and I did intend on helping if I knew the answer. Moving forward you might get better results if you're legible. YMMV SOSDD

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 13:57

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 10:18

We have a standard way of writing to make communication with other people easier, not worse. You`re writing like people did in the Medieval days and that changed for a reason. Use italics and bold if you need to impress a point.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 14:17

Let's not turn this into something personal, please. If the OP's writing style puts you off then you're not obliged to try and help answer their questions. Everyone can just move on.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 00:45

r4tch3t wrote:
Yes, The ships are Labeled Marauder at the Top Left of the ship panel.
Since the Race name does not change to Scale Plate though, I do not feel I should Kill them, Lest I Drop Rating on the given Race...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 00:45

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 14:17
Let's not turn this into something personal, please. If the OP's writing style puts you off then you're not obliged to try and help answer their questions. Everyone can just move on.
Thank You!!!

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 20:46

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 00:45
r4tch3t wrote:
Yes, The ships are Labeled Marauder at the Top Left of the ship panel.
Since the Race name does not change to Scale Plate though, I do not feel I should Kill them, Lest I Drop Rating on the given Race...
Thanks r4tch3t. Based on your comment, I went back and scouted around until I found some of these pilots. They do say Marauder when I hover over them with e mouse on the Mini Map, and also on the ship ID Panel when I click on them. It does take some time, but after several clicks, they Do finally turn into Scale Plate Label.
I was planning to drop a couple of them just to see if it hit my rep with their Race name showing, but I did not get a Chance to do that yet...
I appreciate the help.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 20:48

Does anybody know yet why the "Formation" command did not work, and where it may have gone?
The other part of my OP Questions...

Return to “X4: Foundations”